Sign in to follow this  
Guest Colins2

Shapefiles Lower Austria

Hi,Last year I started to make shapefiles for the east of Austria. I only finished little more than 1 quatertile (the area between Vienna an Wr. Neustadt, east to the Austrian Border). Shall I upload them ???I am not sure, if I will continue with this project.The screenshots show the area around vienna and lake NeusiedlerseeHarald

Guest flystudio

Don't stop the project please!!! I think there are many users interested to fly there :-)ComplimentsGiorgio Gnesda

Harald, Please do not stop! The work you have done is tremendous! It gives many of us that cannot travel a wonderful idea of what Austria is like. I certainly enjoy flying over and doing sight-seeing around the scenery you have created thus far, and always look forward to seeing more of what you develop for us! Your meshes (elevation work), airports and terrascenery are simply some of the best work going on! Thank you ever so much for all the (VERY) hard work you have done and are doing!Best regards,Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Harald,If you feel you need a break take one but please continue when you feel ready for the challenge.Your work is excellent and very much admired.I am following your Z-Modeller tutorial trying to improve on my local airport with a longterm view to upload it.:-beerchug

Hi thank you for your answers. No fear, I plan to make more airports for fly2. Thats what I can do best (and is the most fun for me.) I just wanted to find out out, if somebody is interested in my shapefiles, even if - they are only a small area- you must know how to use terrascene- and I am not sure, if I ever continue with shapefiles.I think, there are members in the Fly2-community, who can do this thing better than I and maybe someone will think of Austria.But I will write the readme for my shapefiles this weekend and upload them next week.Harald

Guest Colins2

Hi Harald,Personally, I find shapefiles very good to work with.At least you have the option of modifying them and adding to them.One of the good things about the TerraScene / shapefile combo is that it doesn't matter how small the shapefile is, it is easy to incorporate in a project. Thus you can work on highly detailed small areas and easily enhance a project.If you feel that you have finished (for now) with these files, then please upload them :-)Colin