Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Where's my reverse thrust?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If youre getting this sampe problem in several different AC, it is likely to be an issue with your throttle. Have you recently made any changes to any of your joysticks?If so, you may need to recalibrate, especially your throttle.The other item, is that you may be getting noise feedback, and FS thinks that you have not closed the throttle and thus no Reverse. You can easily see this by takin a look at the throttle quadrant on the screen. If you have noise, the throttle will move back and forth every so often.I would also suggest that you look into how FSUIPC may help with joystick calibrations. Good luck,Jay

Thanks, Jay. Yes, I have been having some throttle calibration problems ... not sure why, that's another problem, but could be related as you say. I've tried adjusting in FSUIPC but it doesn't seem to accept my settings. I'll keep trying.Although FS2002 is a more stable platform than its predecessors overall, it forever surprises me with some tweak that I have to make to get hardware or add-on aircraft to behave properly; usually at the end of a flight, which is frustrating. Short final is not a good time to find out that someone didn't update the airfile properly! Not that I can fly properly either, of course ....Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Hey Jay,In my case its ALWAYS been joystick noise! :) I usually recalibrate and increase the null zone on the throttle to take care of the problem.It also helps to not only close the throttle handle all the way, but also press F1 a few times to make sure it is all the way at idle before engaging reverse thrust.Regards,Steve Dra