Sign in to follow this  
Guest rene_35

ROTW's information ATR #3

last impovements:- Hotel mode (APU simulated)- external power connexion simulated (don't forget to pull off the AC-DC cables) and realistic battery life- realistic fuel openning- 3 exclusive starting modes (choosen at the install): - completly manual (the most interesting) - automatic with all the procedure showed (for the newbye) - automatic for people in hurry (the worst!)If we have finished the manual translation, it is possible she 'll be uploaded this week-end on simvol site.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

A weekend release is always a good thing--before we go to work on Monday. ;-)tony

G'day Rene,This is just going to be an awesome release.< - Hotel mode ??????????????Is that a translation problem. :-)40 years working on aircraft hasn't prepared me for this expression with regard to aircraft. Are you meaning some form of push-button fully automatic engine start-up operation??Cheers,Roger

HI Roger,No, it is a specific term found in the real english ATR flight manual."Hotel mode" is the possibility to use the right engine (#2)as an APU (for exemple in a small airport without external power group).The right engine in running and has its propeller stopping by a propeller brake. Its electric and hydrolic power is distributed to start the left engine(#1) thru specific cross-feed circuits.The only difference between our Fly! ATR and a real ATR, is that the right propeller is running on the external 3D model.But may be there is another correct term?Some pics from the upper panel:Normal mode, right propeller brake OFF http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/116337.jpgHotel mode, right propeller brake ONhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/116338.jpgNormal mode, DC circuit "isolated" with an external power group connected (AVAIL)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/116339.jpgHotel modehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/116340.jpg

What a magnificient ATR42 is already on very short final.The last improvements are outstanding.Hope I'll never forget to retrieve those AC/DC cables before cruising at FL200.At the "Village ROTW" I'm already in "Hotel" mode, looking forward to this twinprop. Many thanks for sharing the info, and have a smooth translation of the manual.Best Regards,Frank

If you forget to pull off these cables, you'll have very important damages: try it to see what I say ;-)

G'day Rene,Helicopters are sometimes refueled whilst the engines are running. Such a proceedure is referred to as "hot refueling".Could it be be that "hotel mode" is a ######isation for "hot electrics mode". ie. obtaining electrical power from a hot (running) engine.If it is it is an unfortunate choice as "Hotel" has a totally different meaning in English.I just can't see any connection between keeping an engine running and a Hotel.?? :-) I can't wait to get the ATR onto my hard drive.Cheers,Roger

I can tell you exactly what would happen. I've seen it done on a B737. :-eek It wasn't pretty. During a transit check the aircraft rolled backwards about 10-15 ft. Pulled the J7 panel (ext power) right off the airframe. :-lolWasn't laughing at the time though.Cheers, Roger

you'll be surprised when you'll see how Jean has simulated this event.:-lol