Sign in to follow this  
Guest tycho

3rd Runwy for Barcelona-El Prat (LEBL)

Guest tycho

Uploaded 3rd runway for Barcelona (LEBL), with taxyways.Corrected lenghts for all runways, added new VOR/DME (BCN). Curiously ILS freqs for 3th runway was already included in ILS.pod original file, and it's working ok without changes.Unfortunately, the 3rd runway can't be used with 3D scenery from Wayne cos some houses fits in the middle of it. As I post before, I'm working in a new version: 2 of 3 towers are finished. New South Terminal first sketch (see photos). Working now in A,B & C terminals and 3rd tower. HOPE TO UPLOAD IT SOON!I have a problem with ILS for the other two main airports in Catalunya: Girona (LEGE) and Reus (LERS). ILS works for RWY20 (LEGE) and RWY25 (LERS), but both alings the plane to heading 0

Looking very nice indeed, Jordi. Trying to recall if Fonchy was working on Phot-scenery for Barcelona, and if so would this work out with his works also?? :-hmmmNo matter, this will be a file to wait for!Many thanks for your efforts!Cheers,Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

G'day Jordi, Nice work you're doing, I look forward to the finished result Sometimes when I start getting weird results using Fly II I find that deleting the aircraft *.hst files and letting Fly II generate new *.hst files returns everything back to normal.Does this happen with all aircraft?Sorry I can't be more helpful.Cheers,Roger

Hello Jordi,Occasionally ILS localizers will not line up properly when opposing approaches use the same frequency. I don't know if that's the situation in Girona and Reus, but it may be. Sometimes, I have been able to resolve this type of situation by relocating the localizer transmitters. If that didn't work, then I would change one of the frequencies by .05.Also, for no known reason, even a single ILS will occasionally not line up with the runway. Again, I have been able to resolve this sometimes by relocating the localizer transmitters. If you are unable to correct the situation, let me know and I'll give it a try.

Randall Rocke

Guest tycho

Thanks all for your help. That's what I've done:First I move away the transmitters about 200 ft along the axis of runway: no success. Changed the freqwuence from 109.9 to 109.85: no success again. Then I invert the orientation of the ILS, to make it work at RWY02 (hdg 20 to hdg 02 at ILS file), put the transmitters on the other edge of the runway, restore frequence to 109.9 and yes, the ILS works OK, NAV, APPR and B/C courses.Well, then I restore the old situation, orientation and original position of transmitters and by my surprise, now ILS is working perfect (

That's great! Yes, it's one of the great mysteries of Fly! Sometimes nothing works, and other times, deleting the original record and creating a new one resolves the issue.

Randall Rocke