Sign in to follow this  
JimD737

What would you like to fly real world?

Joe (Sonar5) posted some really stunning pictures of his flight in a world war 2 aircraft.If you could have a joy ride in an aircraft of your choice what would it be?Mine would be a Hunter jet fighter, followed by a Mustang and Spitfire.As its only one choice it would be the Hunter (Kemble here I come :-)Peter

Hi Peter,If I had to be put on the spot and if we are talking WW2 aircraft only, then I would wish to have a ride in the "Wooden Wonder" the Mosquito. As a young boy growing up in Kent at the wars end, and living only about 20 miles or so from Biggin on the Bump, I new all about the Spit and Hurricane (as all boys of my age) but some how it was always the Mosquito that fired my interest. How I wish I would have the chance to ride in one.Best regardsPeter.

Guest Iain Spowart

Peter,So many choices! I'd have to give you a list whether it was WWII, early jets, modern etc.If I had to make a choice then the first one that springs to mind would be an F4 Phantom (I'm ex-Navy so it'd have to be off a carrier as well :-)). I have many fond memories of them from the Leuchars airshows when I was a kid.Iain Spowart,Scotland.Webmaster and photographer,Scottish Claymores 2002Cheerleaders Fan Sitehttp://www.claymorescheerleaders.com/media/avsim/2002-s.jpghttp://ClaymoresCheerleaders.com

Guest KenG

Not a jet, not a fighter of any kind. It would probably be either a DC3 or any of the old bi-planes. I'm still hoping to win AOPA's Waco (after missing out on the Bonanza).

Have to be a MkIX Spitfire. I can hear that Merlin purring right now ....

>Not a jet, not a fighter of any kind. It would probably be >either a DC3 or any of the old bi-planes. I'm still hoping >to win AOPA's Waco (after missing out on the Bonanza). You too, huh? And considering the amount of aircraft I've won from AOPA since I originally became a member, I'm not holding my breath on that one either.I just got finished reading Stephen Coonts "Cannibal Queen" about his around America flight in his Stearman. Sure made me drool even more about getting my hands on a classic open biplane like the Waco. :-)

Well, my first choice and famous warbird would have the be the Mustang. That would be followed by the F-16. And for a day to day flyer, I think I would have to settle for a G-V. :-lol

Me? Only new jetliners like the B764, B744 and maybe an A320. On the GA side, the C182S and the Baron or KingAir 200.

I would fly a Cessna 172,for sum reason i just like it, i dont know why, i think its the pkane itself, everything it has, i love GA, so im not with jets in the sim much hehe much hehe as i did yesterday, my dad took alot of photos and video from back seat, maybe ill post them sumtime this week ;)

For me a T5 frightning ( Lightning )or as our American Cousins called them All Aluminum Rocket Ships. But a T7 Hunter would be great also. I wish someone would make a GMAX of Sir Sidney Camms finest.Peter are you going to them Kemble Air Day ?.Steve.

Well, I would have to say, a Commander 115TC, followed by A Commander 115, and if neither of those were available, then I would have to go for a Commander 114 or 114TC, and if all else failed, a Commander 112.Can you tell I like Commanders ;-)Scott

I'd have to say a Gulfstream GV. They're soooo slick. I love all corporate jets, but the GV, IMHO, is the coolest plane ever-------------Holding Short

Guest Aidi

I two would go for the Mosquito. What an amazing aircraft that is. Followed closely by a Lancaster. For a GA aircraft, would love to have a burn in a Cessna 337. To date the best flight i have had was front seat of an Augusta 109.. that was outstanding!http://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/avsim_sig.jpg

Hi Peter,been coming back to this thread a few times now without posting. Couldn't make up my mind at first. There are so many interesting aircraft (for an aviation buff that is....). Yes, the Spitfire, but then... the Messerschmitt ? Or what about a Sopwith Camel !!?? A Gloster Meteor, Hawker Venom, Mosquito, Hurricane... there are too many.But when it really comes down to it, there are tow aircraft that have made alasting impression on me, being the ones of my youth featured in each and every news program, documentary, news flash. I am talking about the Phantom and the UH-1D Huey... yes, the Vietnam TV show ... ;-)And I'd go for that chopper, never been in one for real and it would top my list for sure ! :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_051.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog