Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ansgar

A new Baron / Windhawk model is in the hangar!

Guest Ansgar

Hello friends, here I present you the new windhawk/baron model which is long awaited from several FU3-pilots.Hans Petter mailed me month ago, that he needs a new model, because the original windhawk of LG has several bugs and limitations in texturing and so on. I offered him my help and he is on the go to repaint his "Big Red" now.I made the model completely new based on the 3D-model coming from LG with FU3. Because we only can convert the dxf-file of it I must redo everything else: -> the complete 3D-models are new and several polygon-bugs are fixed-> the virtual cockpit "F4" is total new and uses the same textures-> all the uvw-mapping and texturing is new -> where possible I used a squared texturing of same sizes to make it easy for repainters-> all textures are separated now to left/right down/upper sides! => repainters have full access to all parts separately!-> all axles and moving parts are added new by me-> all lights are added new-> I made it with complete transparent windows now-> the inner cabin is complete new and full textured now with "white leather seats", and inner "mahagoni look"-> all damaged models are created complete new nowAs you see the Baron/Windhawk is one of the FU3-models with an complete transparent inner cabin now! This you can see in the attached pics.To help all of you interested in repainting I gave you the full control over all textures now! So everybody could create HIS baron now with an total different outer look and a different inner cabin look if you would like!Sure this has it

Guest Rich Wren

;-)She looks good Angar, can't wait to try her.Rich.

Guest jonpoint

Absolutely beautiful, Ansgar!Rich did raise a point about the pilot though! This is why the GeeBee has one - after doint the transparent cockpit I couldn't have the thing flying around pilotless. Actually, I did the same with the DC3. This is not a complaint - she's really nice - a great job :-beerchugJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Ansgar

Hello Rich,hello Jon,Thank you for the praise, fine that you like it. :-)Hmmmm..... a pilot? I was also thinking of that in my internal mail discussions with Hans Petter.The problem is, that it, or better "HE/SHE", must be much more detailed and complex than in the GeeBee or anything else, because we can look deep in the cockpit! Also the inner cockpit view should contain the pilot then. Actually I didn

Using Ansgar's improved Baron model I've started to upgrade the "Big Red". This time there won't be any texture compromises since each part of the fuselage has its specific texture, with no mirroring or multiple use of the same texture. I post a screenshot of the preliminary textures viewed in Gideon's latest ResViewer. The beauty of ResViewer is that I can rotate the model and view it from different angles, checking where the textures go. Thus, I can catch and correct misplaced textures without having to launch FU3. For the keen observers, I'm going to fix the ID on the tail and smoothen the red trim on the engine shroud.best regards,Hans Petter

Guest Ansgar

Hi Hans,Yeah, good to sea and hear. That sounds like that you

Guest Ansgar

Hello Steve!!!yepp, I believe that you will like it. It

Guest Ansgar

Hello together,just to hold you informed, I

Yes, I want passengers! Only flightsim aircraft fly empty :-)Then we need to add the realistic weight to the flight model and finally do a "payload run" (or, maybe just take some friends for a ride).Hans Petter

Guest Rich Wren

Hi Ansgar,A female co-pilot? Why am I reminded of Gideon's Cockpit designer? :-) Sounds a good idea though, it can be lonely with only the radio for company...Rich.

Guest R_Driscoll

All I ever wanted in life (just ask my mother) was see through windows on sim planes. The DC3 was such a joy for this reason. This plane looks incredible, and I would download even without passengers.But if you DO need passengers, Mike offers to model for you. He thinks he could add that je ne sais quoi.Rob D

Guest Pieter

Why the blasphemy? I usually don't respond in this manner, but lately I can't take this anymore. There is not a single USA or other TV show/movie not being swamped by almost every sentence starting with: "Oh, my ***!", it's making my nauseous!! Even if someone has no religion whatsoever, some of us have, so, can't we try and stop this senseless manner of the human race...No offence aimed at anyone it is just becoming such a bad habit unknowingly, I just can't keep it in any longer, sorry..."Wow! The pilot jumped out!" will have the same impact IMHO.Pieter

Guest Ansgar

Hello again,very good that you would like that also!The models for the pilot and female copilot are completely finished and in an acceptable quality (for my thoughts). So no help needed here so far.But exactly as I expected above they exceed together (at the baron with gears) the polygon limit of 2000 poly

Guest Ansgar

VOILA, I got it!! :-jumpyHere I present you the first shots of what we can get out of our "old-fashioned" sim!! Again I