Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Those annoying cockpit lines

Does everyone else suffer from those annoying lines in various cockpit views of most FU3 aircraft ? If so, have you done anything about it ? I decided to sort it out tonight, and I have eliminated them from all ten default aircraft, plus the KingAir 350, the XC47 floatplane version of the DC3, and also the latest version of the Baron 58 by Ansgar and Steve Hess.I was just curious to know if this problem still annoyed other FU3 users ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Stearman

Do you mean those lines marking the edges of the outside 3D window through the panel/cockpit bitmaps, specially on machines with Nvidia video cards?If so, yes, I was once annoyed by them, but I fixed it quite a long time ago.Regards,

Guest musikai

Yes indeed I'm experiencing those lines too.How can one fix it? With resviewer?To be exact about the lines: It's merely one horizontal line in the frontview and sometimes a kind of square on sideviews.Would'nt it be a good idea to upload fixed versions of the aircrafts to the library for all nvidia users?Ah, I forgot, those lines only appear with antialiasing switched on, right?

Is it just an anti-aliasing problem ? I can't remember. It's a LONG time since I used FU3 without FSAA enabled :-)By the way, this isn't just an Nvidia problem. I have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro.Chris Low.PS. If anyone would like me to send them fixed versions of these planes via e-mail, then I would be only too happy to do so. My e-mail address is listed below:-Christopher dot Low at btinternet dot com

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Stearman

If my memory serves me well, you can't fix those bleedthrough lines with Resviewer, but with Cockpit Designer instead.It's all a matter of reducing the size of the 3D window by 1 pixel on the involved edge (or it was enlarging? ...well, one or the other).I've got all my FU3 planes (default and add-on) fixed that way since quite a long time ago. I can e-mail them if desired, but most are customized with my favourite panels, repaints, etc.Best regards,

Hello there.It is correct as "Stearman " says.Use the "Cockpit Designer" to edit the cocpit rectangles to overlap each other with one pixtel.For the beechjet you have to do it both for Y and X axes.This is needed on almost any other videocard then the VOODOO series to avoid this lines..including ATI.This sim was rushed out on the market before time, and this is one of the results of bugs.The FU2 is also infected by this from time to time.Take care.Lars Peter.Anyone heard from Glidernut lately??He is missing.

Yes, Glidernut does appear to have gone missing lately. Has anyone e-mailed him ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png