Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Alameda NAS

It just seems that hardly any planes use this place. Most of the other military airports are reasonably active now and again, but I don't think that I have ever seen this one busy.It was just an observation.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest twsimfan

Couldn't say for sure but I think that Alameda was caught in the last round of base closings.

Guest effyouthree

All,Alameda actually closed prior to the release of FU3 (just).Here's what happened:http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/alameda.htmAnd here's what's happening now:http://www.bizjournals.com/eastbay/stories...tml?t=printableSo, anyone up for a new suburb? A bit of over-texturing maybe?:-lolRegards,**************Jonathan Point**************"I'd rather be down here wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was down here"

As seen with AirportEditor Alameda has 17 parking spots and 1 player parking spot. Types are F18. F16, a10, sr71 and military.In AIPLAN.TXT there are just 3 lines for Alameda (ngz) 1 leg to oak Oakland: but there are no parking spots for the planes above there !!1 to sfo San Francisco: with just 3 parking spots militarythere is no connection to Travis.and 1 to x14 that's all - not very much :-( :-wave agtim

Maybe I should convert one or two of the AI planes at Alameda to pracref or dirref....and add one or two extra flight routes in AIPLAN.txt ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Motormouse

I think the runways and main site are still undersome kind of reserve status, 'cos I seem to remember there was a big legal row over the use of the runways for the freeway scenes in the 2 'Matrix' sequel films. Runways blocked without permission etc. ?:-wavePete

I thank this will help, have used this for Duxford. :-wave agtim