Sign in to follow this  
htfc

Anybody use FU 2 as a stand-alone sim?

Hello Folks - first time poster here.I have now managed to add FU 2 scenery to FU 3 after a few abortive attempts.As others have reported on here,there seems to be a problem with the PC recognising the discs in the correct order at the install stage.I have also found that ignoring the messages re incorrect order of installation has no effect on the eventual successful install.I really appreciate the extra options that installing FU2 scenery brings to FU3, but also enjoy FU2 as a sim in its own right, particularly the 'Challenges'- which have been put together with a certain quirky humour.Anybody else fly FU2 in its own right ?My system is Windows XP , and despite advice that XP will not support installation of FU 2 , it runs pretty well.The only problem I have encountered is getting up enough power to get the P51 off the ground.I know in reality this aircraft was supposed top be a bit of an 'ornery critter', so perhaps this was programmed into the flight characteristics of the sim plane.I have to manually adjust the prop speed in order to reach take-off speed - and the only apparent way to do this is to use one of the buttons on the joystick.Anybody else come across this problem ?Finally anybody who has managed to rescue the hikers from the ski lodge in FU3 or Gretchen from the observatory in FU 2 has my total respect, because I've failed miserably at both !Regards to all.

Nice screenshots Agtim, I haven't come across anything from FU 1 before. Do you have problems with the Mustang or is it just me ?Hi Chris, Yes it is me. My crash course in Zip file technology is going nicely - it is quite straightforward isn't it ? I will e-mail you shortly.Regards..........htfc [ Stuart Pearson]

Hi Stuart,Mustang in FU2 is hard to land, easier in FU3 and nice when using mofied version like Dagored or the SwissP51d. To avoid tail up at landing trim to node up a lot - may be not the real way to land a P51d ;-). see settings in my final shot.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/153005.jpg :-wave agtim