Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Robs

Using a USB joystick with FU3

Hi All,I can't get FU3 to recognise my new USB joystick + rudders (X52 Saitek)I used to use a serial thrustmaster but decided to upgrade.Anyone been here before?Any advice to fix appreciated.Robs.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Robs,Just to say, it's not the USB, USB with Sidewinder is working with FU3. as a hint, check help on your new joystick about settings for legacy games...good luck :-wave agtim

My CH Flightstick Pro USB joystick works perfectly with FU3, so I'm not sure what the problem could be.

>Hi All,>>I can't get FU3 to recognise my new USB joystick + rudders>(X52 Saitek)>I used to use a serial thrustmaster but decided to upgrade.>>Anyone been here before?>Any advice to fix appreciated.>>Robs.In my case, I had to add some lines in the flt3.cfg, otherwise the axes were all messed up and some not recognized.I added these lines:joy_device 2throttle_device 2 3rudder_device 1 3toe_brakes_device 1 1 2It may be specific to each joystick, so you may need different values. The meaning of the various entries is explained in the READMEP.WRI file found in the patch to version 2.0Marco

Hi all,I have a Saitek X52 Joystick Throttle and Rudder pedals.It took me ages to figure out the correct settingsI post them here to save others the hassle.If it isn't right for you then you'll have to experiment like me until you get it right!This text goes in your flt3.cfg file (edit with notepad); joystick setupjoy_device 2throttle_device 2 3rudder_device 1 6toe_brakes_device 1 1 2 The rudder on the X52 is on axis 6. The reason for this seems to be that the Joystick and throttle are joy 2 and have many axes and the twist axis (used for rudder if you don't have pedals) on the joystick is axis 6. So I figured it must also be axis 6 on the rudder pedals (joy 1) and it works. This sorts out all of your primary controls on the X52.I haven't flown FU3 for ages because I couldn't get this to work!I hope this allows other users to fly.Robs.