Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

htfc

Chris Low's Seattle pack

Hello to all and Chris in particular,Having installed and greatly appreciated the Sanfran add-on pack for FU3, a quick trawl through the Avsim library led me to the Seattle equivalent.A quick question for Chris - I have several scenery add-ons for Seattle installed already, all by several developers. I have not installed the 'Airports' files for fear of a. exceeding the airport limit and b. possible incompatiblity problems, as you point out in the installation text.Should I leave things alone unless I consider removing all my other scenery add-ons ?However I did install the 'Seattle Pylons' package, which works fine without problems,and once again enhances the region in the same way as the San Fran packs.Regards.:-)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Let me know which other scenery addons you have installed, and I'll try to help. Send your response to the following e-mail address....Christopher dot Low at btinternet dot com

Fao Chris Low,Chris, Thanks for your offer of assistance re your full pack installation but I think I'll leave things as they are.I have virtually all of the 'Bush Flying series' installed, and I note from the 'essential downloads' listing at the top of this forum that they are not compatible with your pack.The pylons look good though:-)

There's a third option, namely multiple sets of addon scenery packages. As long as you don't run them all at the same time there will be no conflicts. You could have one folder named "packages" and another named "backages" or "pakages_bak". To switch between the two you simply rename the folders before you launch FU III. The sim will read the one currently being named "packages" and ignore the other(s).

Thanks Hans , I will try that, sounds like a simple solution.Chris's efforts are too good to miss out on !:-)