Sign in to follow this  

fsplanet, if all nodes are busy cough up $30 and you wi

Sorry, but this paying for "free" stuff is getting out of hand. You can never get thru so I guess you have to pay to download anything anymore. Is there another place I can find quality d/loads. I'm looking for that B-29 Enola Gay that was recently released and have'nt found it here at AVSIM.Simviation appears to be behind the times as well.

I know just what you mean, I always pull demos before buying games as over the years I have amassed a lot of crap. Lately, not only can you not even download demos, but you can no longer ever read reviews, with places like IGN and Gamespot shifting to pay to read membership plans. Pay to read the review, pay to download the demo, find out you like it, but you are broke now and can't pay to buy the game :-lolThank God we have AVSim for the flight world still!Ray

You know, everyone in this community would benefit if you, the readers, spread the word. There are many authors out there that do not upload to AVSIM, and if they want to serve the expanding community here, you as their users and fans need to convince them to upload at AVSIM. Everyone can help. If you know an author who does not upload here, send him/her a polite note and ask them to do so. We have the storage capacity, the bandwidth and we are totally free (and will continue to be)! So, spread the word and help out, and maybe then users will have unfettered access to all files here.But please... Do not take it upon yourself to download a file from somewhere and upload an author's file on your own to AVSIM, UNLESS YOU HAVE SPECIFIC PERMISSION TO DO SO. Our file managers do NOT poach files from elsewhere and we really don't want our readers to do that either. If an upload is to come to AVSIM, we want the author of that file to upload it him/herself. That's the only proper way for files to find their way here, and hope you will respect that.

Right on fellas! Glad I'm not the only who feels the "pain".Tom I will do what I can. Thank God we have AVSIM! This place is a daily stop for me!!!!!

I wish all the sites worked this way-I purposely uploaded my Debonair file only on avsim-it was only 2 days later it appeared on fsplanet without my knowledge-although since it rated 5 stars there I guess I won't complain (maybe that is what the star rating system is about there). :-lol :(Avsim is simply the best site on the net-for numerous reasons including this one.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Guest Joshieca

.........and yes AVSIM is the best...which is why I encourge everyone to at least a few times a week click on some of the banners here on AVSIM to help pay the bills.

Exactly why I have nothing to do with FSplanet.Mike Stone

>Exactly why I have nothing to do with FSplanet. >>Mike Stone Anyway - what is it with FSPLanet?. They really need to get a better a webpage designer. When I try to open up their mainpage, it takes literally ages to download (I only use a 56k modem) -- so generally, I don't bother going there at all. One day I decided to wait and see what happened - so I went away and made a cup of coffee . Eventually the home page finally fully downloaded -- but it was so graphically intensive that I could see why it took so long to download. I would never bother visiting their website again.I am fairly new to FSim (only 6 months) and have looked at all/most? of the associated websites and find that , by far , AVSIM kills them all. I must admit that I have often wondered why freeware authors bother to upload to FSim.com - it is very difficult to get into and has very little Editorial content compared to AVSIM. I think it must be a historical thing.Barry

FS Planet gets their stuff from other sites. I don't like that! I can't go there anymore. EVERYTIME I do go there, BOTH of my computers will lock up and I get this weird shi* come off the printer. I don't know what's attatched to that site, but it suck! I haven't been there in months. It use to be a regular upload and daily visit site. No more! You want it seen and posted for all to get FAST....post it on AVSIM. This site is manned for that 24/7!Don

All my repaints are Exclusive to Avsim exept my first few I uploaded to Flightsim.com by mistake before I found here :)Anniette xxxxxxxxxx

FSPlanet simply SUCKS! TOO MUCH Graphics, Popups, and a search function that STINKS! Simviation has a not-too-good search function though, but it is till better than FSPlanet! I wonder why FlightSim has 50,000+ files while Avsim only has 16,100+. Avsim is by far the best.http://www.someplacesomewhere.com/uploaded/9vsve/sig1.jpg

Same thing happened here with my files, two archer reapints, 2 days later they appear on FSPlanet when i didnt upload them there, but oh well....it only got THREE stars :-lol

The AVSIM front page and one click new file access has the competition way behind! I think it's pretty clear which three sites we like to visit the most.