Sign in to follow this  
thrakete

ATC Display

I have used MS Flight Sim for several years, now using FSX SP2 with Vista SP1, but zero experience with X-plane.I just bought and loaded X-Plane 9 today. I ran the online update and am still in the process of setting up controls etc. I have been flying the C172 and everything seems to work as advertised except the "Enter" key command to display the ATC menu. Nothing happens, no ATC display.Any tips? Something else required first?Regards,Thrakete

O.K. Found it. Uninstalled x-plane 9, then Reinstalled. The ATC menu selection worked until I udated the game to the latest version as recommended, then the ATC menu quit ("Enter" does nothing). Looks like I have a choice of running it as it came off the CD or waiting until the update is fixed.I will try to contact their support group.RegardsThrakete

Chalk one up for X-Plane!X-Plane support responded immediately. The fix was to delete items in the Preferences Folder, and it worked. My ATC display is now functional.Good response, good information. Never got that kind of service with Flight Sim in regard to a problem.However, I still don't think FSX and X-Plane can be compared.FSX is an AVIATION simulator.X-Plane is an AIRCRAFT simulator with world-wide terrain scenery added.You pick what you like.Thrakete

Hi,I am having the same problem. Where is the Preferences folder located? Having trouble finding it.Thanks.Jim

Depending on the version you have, it's either at Resources/preferences (below 9.2) or Output/preferences (9.2 and above).

Thanks for the guidance. Now if I can ask another dumb question - what do I delete in the preferences folder? Thanks again.Jim

Um, everything? Beware, though, that this will reset all settings you have changed back to the defaults, including rendering options, keyboard and joystick assignments, weather settings, etc.Judith

Guest machammer

Thrakete,I'm also new to X-Plane. I have a question regarding ATC. I can display ATC by pressing the "Enter" key. But I can't find a way to turn the display off. The "Enter" key does not toggle it on and off. Do you know how to turn it off.Thanks.Bill