Sign in to follow this  

this is good

Robert,I fly every flight just as Scott posted. FSATC is "active" on Comm 2, since RCv3 is going to use Comm 1. Many may ask why go the hassle. As Scott, JD and Doug have stated over and over, the current limitations of MSFS does not allow for ground situation awareness, we looked at this numerous times during test. MS would have to open up the AI API (which they have NOT done), allow RC to "see" ground traffic.Next, as a pilot I can avoid the problems of other AI aircraft by selecting the the FSATC non-active runway as long as it is still in the wind direction that I want to land. However most times I don't have a problem. Once when landing at KORD I did have a 747 pull on to the active while I was on short final. I did what any real world pilot would do, CUSS (LOL), and then did a Missed Approach. RCv3 handles that very well. If you have not tried it, just for the heck of it, declare a missed approach and watch all the fun. As a pilot who have to get real busy, sucking the gear up, cleaning the plane up for a go-around and then monitoring what RC is going to ask for your intentions. You have to be very aware of what is going on. Just LOVED all the excitement.CheersBob Johnson

Thanks Doug. I wrote that question from work, and got home to find that the CD had arrived. :) I'm looking forward to this.

BobK

Thank you gentleman for all the feed back, it is truly going to be helpful, RC is a great add on the best yet , and i intend to use it to its fullest.i must first look at this sim as a seriuos sim software and treat it as such, im finding out slowly that this is no joke and the learning curve is long.In a few months i will be actually going to learn to fly a real planeand it will be good to be ahead of the curve.i will be using you guys advice.Thanks....................Camtech

Guest abent

Assumimg MS eventually released an SDK for AI traffic, would it be an immense task to work it into RadarContact v.3 as a patch, or might it require completely new coding and hence just be an option for a later version of RC?I personally have no problem with using FSATC and RCATC simultaneously. In fact I can't wait to try it.Just interested in the liklihood of the possibility of RC having ground (ie giving taxi instructions..."taxi runway36 via taxiway alpha...Charlie"...balh blah blah) as well as interacting with MS AI.Really jumping the gun considering I just ordered my copy, but I just can't help hearing anything and everything about RC! :-) Thanks, Adam

Guest Scott Campbell

Adam,There's zero chance MS will ever release an AI SDK, and even if so, it would be V4 or later before RC could include the info.The reason is because an AI SDK would also be an FSATC SDK, and they probably aren't too keen on people figuring out what they do (not that it would matter).

well one more question or maybe two, when using two coms does that mean that both radios have to work before you can do this.im finding out that some of the planes have only one radio working, one active and one not active , does this mean that only one com will work and i have to find a panel that will support two active radios.Thanks......................Camtech

there is a section in the manual, that scott wrote (of all people LOL) about how to add comm 2 to any plane

Guest Scott Campbell

Robert,If I read what you are saying correctly, then you have two radios of which only one is active. That's correct. Make Com 2 active. There should be an audio panel where you can select the active. Make sure you don't have both active. RC doesn't care what's active, but FSATC does.As JD suggests, you can read the section in the manual about using the radios to monitor FSATC. This also describes the Audio panel.

No Scott the Radio says inactive and cannot be turned on, in fact when im using comm 1 , comm 2 to will change also,the panel im using is a Fokker 50 Panel.ive emailed the author about this but i have not recieved a reply, in the instuctions both of them act as comm 1 even thought it says comm 2 inactive ' there is no button to turn it on.i have checked out some of the default planes and they also have some radios with and inactive comm 2, i believe they can be switched as you say.so if i canno get it to be active will i need to use a differant panel

Guest Scott Campbell

Robert,Okay. Then as JD says, read the manaul about adding Comm 2 and the Audio control to the panel. It's a prett straight-forward thing to do and doesn't mess up your panel in any way.

Well Scott i believe i have done everything i think possible to get another comm 2 window to work, the only thing i was able to acommplish was getting a comm and audio window to appear in the drop down mode , and then resize it to a panel but there is nothing in the window, its blank.ive done everything on page 107 in the manual and 108, as i said before i was able to get a comm and audio window to appear but that is all. what is exactly suppose to be in that window.Thanks.............Camtech