Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Has anyone had an unexplained lose of frame rate???

It took me awhile to come to this conclusion with FS2002 but it seems that (maybe it's just my setup or something) my framerate seems to nose dive for no explained reason. I'll start off a flight and head to my destination and everything is fine until I descend to a point where the autogen starts displaying houses and trees, my frame rates go down dramatically (this does not happen all the time but enough to be annoying). On take Off I had no problem, I also noticed this to happen allot in mountainous terrain. While flying in Glacier National Park I found my framerates to drop for no reason and sometimes the situation resolvesitself. Once again takeoffs are fine, I'll fly around the parkand everything is great then my frame rate drops. It's really noticeable in the virtual cockpit mode (while panning around). Many places I fly I have not added any scenery so I know that notto be the answer. It looks suspiciously like a memory leak in FS2002. I once thought it was the time of day I was flyingbut that's not the case. Has anyone else seen something similarto this???

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Hi Your name is ?, Whats is your system? Also make some tweak on your fs2k2 option, desable some stuff thats you don't need it will help, reduce the AI traffic, also the mesh or water reflection etc. .Since I have fs2k2 I have no problems with the performance and stability. ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest SD Sim

I came across this the other day. It might be the solution to your problem.

Found the solutions for anyone who wants to know!!!"Minimum frame rate setting is too low. Most people get this setting wrong by thinking they need to set this setting to 12 or 13 or lower. If the setting is too low and your computer can handle greater frame rates than 12 or 13 FPS strange problems can occur. I found this out through trial and error. My minimum setting is now 39, anything over this and too many resources are alocated to the display of FS2k2. You have to find a happy medium that works for your computer and I think for most of us around 36 FPS works great (I have a Dell 1.5ghz machine) so setting 39 gives the computer slightly more resources to work with and not hinder other aspects of FS." Les Dillon--

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2