Sign in to follow this  
Paul

AI Planes vs. RC

Hi,I am using FS2004, with RC31 and current FSUIP 3.04, and all the recommended additional files. My concern is now once again RC does not recognize AI planes on the taxiway or runway. Tower clears me for takeoff and an AI plane positions itself to takeoff as well. Or I have started to takeoff and an AI plane lands right in front of me. I thought this was fixed?Thank you,Paul

if there is a plane on the runway, and you call tower for takeoff, you will not be cleared for takeoff. if you are on the runway, and an ai plane taxi's in front of you, not much i can do about that.if a plane is on final, and you call tower for takeoff, you will not be cleared for takeoff. if there is no plane close for landing, and you you call tower, you will be told to taxi into position and hold. if you sit there for a long time, and a plane is now on final, and you still haven't moved, he may land in front of you. nothing i can do there.you also will not be cleared for takeoff, if there is still a plane on the runway, OR, if there is a plane taxiing across the runway. similarly, if you are told to takeoff and then a plane taxi's across the runway, not much i can do there, either.i all cases, the ms ai "intelligence" should not taxi in front of you on the runway, and should not land in front of you. that is the way it is working for me.you also will not be cleared for takeoff, if there is still a plane on the runway, OR, if there is a plane taxiing across the runway. similarly, if you are told to takeoff and then a plane taxi's across the runway, not much i can do there, either.but trust me, i'm working on it. we'll see what the sdk has in it. jd

If the SDK has the necessary tools, we'll be able to have RC control the AI-controlled aircraft, now that would be cool...