Sign in to follow this  
Guest patch

Real World Flight Plans

Guest patch

Hi I hope I am in the right forum to post this question.I fly using PMDG737, FS9, and Radar Contact v3.01 and though I know that RC cannot control the autopilot in PMDG737 I would like all systems to be on the same real world flightplan.The PMDG737 uses *.rte, the FS9 uses *.pln and RC uses *.apl is there a way of writing a real world flightplan that will keep all of these and me happy.I can write such a plan into the PMDG737 FMC but in FS9 I cannot enter airways into a route (I think) neither can I into RCv3.01.Please advise if you can how to overcome this little problem.Best Regards Pat

if you are using rc v3.x you should be using the fs200x .pln file format, not the .apl file formatisn't there a way to convert a .pln file to a .rte file? or vice-versa?jd

I dont own the PMDG737, but I think theres a .pln to .rte converter here on avsim.I've been looking at using airways in fsnav and putting them into my pss a330/340 routes. the nav system converts the intersections and vors into waypoints, so those are what i use in the RC flight plan. RC doesn't know anything about which airway your on, just your waypoints (unless I'm wrong about this?). To go along the airways I want, I usually build my plan from scratch in fsnav, then write down the basics for the (I want to say FMC, but there isn't on on a bus) PDMG, or whatever the system is called. Usually put the first vor or intersection in the planner, then type something like j600/mia. Then the waypoints all along the route get filled in automatiaclly, with the note j600 underneath each, so you know which route youy currently on. I could just import the plan from fs9 also. Essentially you get the same thing.Not sure how it works in the 737, but should be similar.

I use NAV 3.1 but I think the procedure would be similar:Create the plan in FSNAV and print it, export to the proper FS9 folder. Start FS, Start RC, tell RC what FS9 plan to load and after setting controller options activate it, then load FS9 plan into the FCMC(?) Flight Control Management Computer. Would that work and save some redundant actions?

Guest patch

Thanks to you all for the suggestions. Using those principals I enter the real world plan into FS Build, send this to the required directory as an FS9 *.pln which makes it available to FS9 and Radar Contact and then use the converter you suggested to convert the *.pln to *.rte for the PMDG737. Now they are all singing from the same hymn sheet everything is happy.Thanks againRegards Pat