Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ket

Newbie Questions

Hi all, Just got RC in the mail today and got it installed and updated and registered.Took my first flight and simulated an emergancy very happy with how the program worked a few questions though...1) How do I avoid double chatter when checking ATIS (wx). I get both the standard Microsoft ATIS infomation plus the Radar Contact2) How do I enable myself to see the WX updates comeing in from FS Meteo or Active SKY sometimes they pop in the ADV window sometimes not.I'm using FS9 if it matters.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1) turn down the fs9 atc sound, or turn it off2) right mouse click the advdisp window, make sure multiline only is checkedjd

Ok Thanks for that so far, I have also noticed a weird graphics lag when changing views or switching to VC/Cockpit ECT I assume this is caused by the priority of Radar Contact.I also see patch's of brown for a second or 2 when switching views. Is there any way to mitigate this?

The lag and patches have to do with the amount of system RAM, display card speed and ram size, and especially your CPU speed and operating size. RC by itself should not be slowing down your view redraws. Have you stopped all unneeded PC background apps like virus scanners and (while not connected to the Internet) firewalls?Also, view redraws are dependent on the poly counts of what you are viewing and those hidden from view. In other words, the more complex, the slower the draw and the more graphics ram used. These are determined by the complexity and density of AI and scenery.

Hmmmm....Ok the reason I assumed this was Radar Contact causing this is; I did not get this behavior prior to installing Radar Contact.Something is causing this lag from the RC install. Either that or I blew out my graphics settings again.These brown patch's almost seem like there is some loading issue with the graphics for a few seconds (texture bandwidth is set to 100)I just blew away my FS install to verify that it is RC causing some sort of lag.System Specs are on the Mid EndP4 2.4 - Asus P4533 Motherboard - 1 GHZ DDDR Ram - Radion 9000 Pro (128Meg/4xagp) - Durring this flight I was at my locked framerate which is 20Also while im bombarding the forum with questions...Back to my other question. I read the answer that was givin about how to not get the double ATIS (wx) information but I would like to keep the FS9 ATC on so that I hear the chatter from the AI and not the RC made up chatter, or am I incorrect and the RC chatter is actualy attached to it being AI aware?Once again thanks in advance... Loving the product...Loving the Forum...