Sign in to follow this  
Guest rici

VFR?

Guest rici

Hiya, Just curious as to how I would set up a VFR flight on Radar contact? What if I just wanted to take off and fly around under VFR? What if I wanted a VFR flight plan? Radar contact always wants me to recieve an IFR clearnence and starts vectoring me. How would I set a flight out of Honolulu, fly around the Island for a while and then return to Honolulu, with the ATC telling me vectors out of PHNL but then letting me do my own thing after I am out of his airspace? At the moment I can only set up IFR flights!Thanks

I saw JD's reply to you in the FS AVSIM forum. I would think PHNL is a class B airspace with a required departure clearance. You could file a short flightplan to get you to a desired waypoint and declare VFR when reaching it. You will have to pick a destination airport to satisfy FS and RC flightplan requirements however and then cancel IFR.Now JD, it would be nice in a later version to:1. Suspend RC and let it pick up later filing enroute as in using IFR to go VFR on top, or just through cloud layer descents to VFR.2. Flight following to pass through CLASS B airspace.3. VFR to a CLASS B destination for IFR approach.The method would be to have RC running in the background entering aircraft parameters before activating it as is done now in the Options dialog. It would therefore surreptiously (hell, I like those big words even if I can't spell them) always be aware of your position but be passive until enroute requests for filing via an ADVDISP menu item or better yet a hot key.Scanning the real KMSP class B commo it frequently happens here. This also would take care of unexpected destination deterioration into IMC. It certainly would offer a few more challenges.