Sign in to follow this  
nobleord

Sequencing Issue...

Hi,Since V4 is in development, I thought that I would pass this on, as I have encountered it quite often at busy airports.While holding short, an aircraft lands. I am told to taxi into position and hold. There is an aircraft on final a ways out. The aircraft that has landed is tardy getting off the runway... by the time it does, the aircraft on final is under 4 miles out. I do not get cleared for takeoff until the aircraft on final is given a go around. If there are multiple planes on final the wait could be a while until there are no more planes less than 4 miles out.Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

For now, I use an EHSI with TCAS to assess landing traffic before taxi. If it appears to be heavy and my aircraft can tolerate the cross winds I might request a different runway.I also think you might want to abort take-off, which I've never done, but hope I would be directed to the next taxi-way to exit the runway and may be given the opportunity again to select a different runway to get out of a stuck position.

Ronzie, You are exactly correct in your thinking about using the "abort takeoff" function. :-)Best, Rob