Sign in to follow this  
BoHappy

V4 upgrade free?

Hii am thinking of purchasing RC for fs2004 and have been reading your support pageit sounds like a great programi have few questions?1. if i purchase now will the upgrade to v4 be free2. does this program affect the frame rates 3. fs2004 has a pretty descent ATC built within it, how is RC different, is it more detailed instructions/vectoring, does it instruct you on various holding patterns and different approaches etcyour replies would be much obligedBo

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1) no. point releases are free - 2.1, 2.x, 3.01, 3.1 etc. major releases 2, 3, 4 are not free, but discounted for existing customers2) i think the consensus is, no3) i suggest you download the manual, and decide for yourself. fs9 was a big improvement over fs8. they basically added about 10 features. those features were already in rc v2.x, and 3.x trumped fs9. just my opinion, most people here would probably agree. some may not. you will have to decide.jd

thank you for a quick responsei will read the manualwhen do you anticipate the release of v4Bo

by the way what would be different and what new features will be added to v4(sorry just realized to ask this)Bo

Bo,v4 will not be released for a loooooooooong time.V4 will actually handle AI and make it easier to get you in and out of airports, and will vector both you and them enroute. V4 is also going for handling sequencing. V4 will also handle the UT traffic and callsigns. V4 MAY have the larger airport names instead of ICAO codes.If you know real ATC, FS is nothing like it. It is very poor. RC is developed with real controllers (both in the US and England), so it's far nmore realistic. RC also has better calls, more realistic for the countries: i.e. QNH and Control in Europe, Altimeter and Center in the US, etc. Not only that, RC has 10 controllers and numerous separate pilots, where FS has 10 total voices, which gets annoying to hear them making the ATC and pilot calls with the same voice.RC is just vastly better. Now, if your goal is VFR, RC does not have that yet.

thanks Scott for your reply and explanationi was thinking of waiting for v4 but i will go ahead with the current veris the new cd shipped with the lateat version or do i need to upgrade after i recieve itor i could wait another week or so if the new cd will come with the latest versionthanksBo