Sign in to follow this  
Guest 767

IFR Flight Plan Cancelled - Radar Service Terminated

Hello I am a potential buyer of RC3. I am wondering if, when flying an IFR flight plan, ATC will say the following. (Without you cancelling the IFR flight plan by yourself)"IFR Flight Plan Cancelled - Radar Service Terminated"It is very annoying when they do this in FS2002. The whole point of ATC is to keep you safe, and in FS2002, they just leave you all alone. Thanks for any help you can give me!--- Also, does RC3 work with 767 Pilot in Command by Wilco Publishing?767

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

no we won't cancel your flight plan. we will nag you until you do what you are supposed to do, though. if you are told to fly heading such and such, and you don't, the controllers will yell at you until you doyes it works with 767 pic, with the one caveat, the rc co-pilot (otto) will not be able to take control of the plane, and fly it for you. that is because the 767 uses a non ms auto pilot, which i can't controljd

As JD said, you will not get cancelled. However, at the termination of your flight, a menu option will be shown that optionally offers a review of the flight and your technique. It can be valuable but be prepared to take some criticism. If the offense is serious enough, such a neglecting to do a go-around when required by tower ATC, you will probably meet "Mr. Bill" as described in other posts here as the virtual FAA Flight Safety Officer. After offering you a cup of coffee in a nice relaxed manner he will state your offense and "suspend your virtual pilot license". This is all virtually though and will not disable any part of the program.It also compliments you on correct technique which can be nice to hear.I should also point out thast each stage of the flight - departure, enroute, and approach - has a NOTAMS option which places the controllers more in an advisory capacity such as starting each instruction within selected phases with "If able to . . .". I use thast for arrivals as I follow the altitudes as declared on the vertical profiles of several of the airports for which I have actual IFR Approach Procedure plates. RC is close to most of these I should note.