Sign in to follow this  
Guest LarsKluver

Not really a problem, but...

Guest LarsKluver

It's not that it's a real problem and it's not only in RC. It's the "eternal go-arounds". One thing is in real life, but in the simulator it's the crummy AI planes which pops up, as did they have a life of their own - often 3, 4 or 5 in the tail of each other. Not very realistic.When one is about to land after a 4 hours flight also have being put in a hold and then twice have been cleared to land and then, in the very last minute - when the wheels are 2 cm over the tarmac - are told to go around, as the controller suddenly wakes up..., then i get ******* and lands anyway. It will take some 10 or 15 min. more to circle around, not having any guarantee that i don't get an order to "go around" again. Hell - i can go on all night... On top of this - sometimes there's NOTHING on the runway!!!! - though i can hear someone shouting - "what are you doing on the runway".. Can it be a snail??? Then - when i land. If the plane jumps a bit and it has a tendency to that in FS9, then they think i "go around", when i'm not and all hell breaks loose!! I have noticed that MS ATC don't comment that anymore - probably of that reason i mentioned before. Couldn't you do the same - or move the cancle-button up to the front. One desperately tries to press 9 and move to that site - but it can only be done when the controller shuts up - and he doesn't... Minor thing - but.. :-)CheersLarsP.S. - i also wonder if anyone are aware that rwy 30 and 12 isn't used in Kastrup (Copenhagen - EKCH)?? Well - 30 can be used for landing in real bad weather. But take off from rwy 30 - or land at rwy 12 - you'll have a revolution on hand from the neighbours to the airport. Only in extreme emergencies it can be done - landing at rwy 12. MS ATC and RC "loves" to skip that fact.. :-)

your "minor" thing is fixed in v4. i see those pesky ai planes taxiing around, and i freeze the ones that are going to take your runway. all you have to worry about is the ai plane that has landed in front of you, and takes his own sweet time getting off the runway. can't help you there.and if there is a parallel runway in use, you can always choose the other runway. you can choose any runway if this become annoying.you rc thinks you're going around when you bounce your landing? i've not seen that. must be one hell of a bounce. i'll try it next time i land. not sure how ms or rc would ever know, or be able to keep up with all the noise abatement restrictions throughout the world.you could always remove 30/12 from the runways file, if you don't ever want to see them again.jd

Will an AFCAD mod placing the RWY as not in use also be noticed in V4, or current 3.1? I know about the airports file, but I just wonder if 3.1 now or the 4 release will pay attention to the afd-bgl properties at all.I am aware of the goal in 4 to pay attention to AI traffic trends at airports to determine what runways are in use - heck of a good feature - as long as AI are active within the sampling period.Regards. Geat work!

v3 - you will have to remove the runways from the rc files, for rc to be oblivious to themv4 today - you will have to do the same thing. i'm still looking at ways to make rc more aware of the scenery add-ons that are on your machine, without you having to edit files. i'm not a scenery guy, so i don't know how all that works :-)jd

Might want to browse www.scenery.org to see if there is any info there.You might want to post on the AFCAD forum on PAI to get a pointer.