Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

Will rc atc in v4 direct me if i fly a sid or star (IFR)???

are you asking if you file a sid or a star, will atc tell you where to go? if that is the question, then no. that doesn't happen in real life, and won't happen in v4. if you're asking because you're afraid we will tell you where to go, fear not. if you file it, you're expected to fly it. we will only yell at you, if you don't :-)as far as ai seperation, in what phase of flight are you wondering about?in the rcv4 features post i said that on tower, slower planes in front of you will be vectored out of your way, and faster planes behind you will be slowed, so as to not overtake you. that could be considered seperationenroute seperation, well, it's not perfect, and until it is, doug won't call it seperation. but i will say that the enroute planes that are going to cause a conflict, end up not causing a conflict. we just won't call it seperation.

I understand about ai separation i couldn't care less about it at crz altitude since most planes fly between fl 330 or fl 350 with Ultimate traffic so at that speed and altitude i'll take the challenge to avoid the conflict myself, but definetly ligning up for landing is very important.As far as sid star i meant being able to file it and not being told otherwise by atc when trying to fly a specific approach.I've never owned RC so just curious does it ship to Canada (if so how) is it downloadable or delivery only and whats the price?

you can file a departure procedure, and you will be able to fly it without atc interactionyou can file a start, and you will fly it without atc interaction - exceptrc will give you altitude clearances, which you can ask for a discretionary clearance which will always be granted.as soon as you contact approach, the star ends.if you want to file a specific approach, you can ask for an iap approach.most of this is consistant with v3. download the manual, and give it a readwe ship to canada. it is not downloadable. the price is yet to be determinedjd

Also are the voices, real people like default msfs. And how many (approx) controller and pilot voices are used.It would be amazing to have many voices and not feel that its the same one being repeated from sector to sector.

Guest dotcanada

In version3, there are already multiple voices as you fly into different centres. I can guarantee it'll be in v.4

Are the distance limitations on the initial waypoint of a RNAV DP any different in V4? There are some DP's (COWBOY ONE at LAS for example) where the common point is more than 40NM from the airport. Eyeballing this one the common point looks to be about 60NM from LAS, and departing on the 25's makes the procedure quite long.TIA.

i'm not sure whether a flex dp in v3 would work on this dp or not. maybe someone can try it for mejd

Cowboy... Jeez I wasn't all there when I posted that one, it's COWBY.Anyway, I just flew it in RCV3 and it works with flex DP. I'm not sure what's different, but RCV3 had kiniptions whenever I attempted to fly the now-defunct AACES1 DP which looked pretty much the same groundtrack-wise.Anyway, I don't think it's too big a concern, how many airports have DPs where the common point is 50+NM from the airport anyway ;)Later.P

I have a question to add:I am not familiar how it's done in the real world but I thought that ATC assigns SID's and STAR'S meaning that they are normally not part of the prefiled flightplan.If this is the case, does RC4 do that?

i have to have them in the .pln file, so i know what you are doing, when you are flying themjd