Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

Rc coming out of a headset and everything else speakers

This their a way to set this up i have two sound cards and would like atc just in the headset and every other sound in the regular speakers. Is there a way?

no for your setup. if you have two pcs, you can run rc on one and fs on the other, and they will talk via widefsjd

Interesting but my other computer is a pentium 2 333 mhz i doubt thats good enough right? And where does one get the wide fs and how much does it cost, if it has a price?

probably not powerful enough for rc over widefs. maybe someone else can comment on machine sizing for a widefs machine running rcjd

Get a USB head-set. I have RC on the head-set and all other sounds come from my speakers.

do you have a link to a usb head set. sounds like (no pun :-) ) something i need

Guest RickT

JD,I bought mine at Best Buy.

I must admit that I have made a mistake. The set up I described was for Squawkbox flying with VATSIM. In SB you can tell it where you want the sound ATC to come from.Sorry for the confusion, if anyone does find out how to do it I would be very interested and so would my wife!

Guest pellelil

I got a USB Headset (somewhere) that I got some time ago, but wasn't pleased with it (it was wasn't as kind on the CPU usage as my normal PCI soundcard). Also there can be various other problems (eDimensional state that their VoiceBuddy will not function with a USB headsets).The PC I use today I use both for "gaming" (MSFS being he more serious part), and for "Music Production" (Just for fun, I have NO talent at all ) and therefore I got a special low latency soundcard. I wasn't able to attach my headset to this soundcard, wherefore I had to also insert a standard Soundblaster. So I use my Audiophile soundcard for output and my Soundblaster for input (Windows lets you specify the standard input/output sources) however it should be possible for software so select other cards if pressent (I having tyied this so I can't give any pointers as how to do it ).http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgPelle F. S. Liljendal