Sign in to follow this  
jd

Version 4 Manual is ready for download

Me thinks your announcement was slightly premature. The link appears dead as a few moments ago. Looking forward to reading it, when it appears and RC4 is at the top of my 'must have' list. John Fitzpatrick if the problem is at my end, my apologies.

Guest sparrows

Men i await this stuff !!! RC was a big + for my flightsimming world. can

my apologies. it was on my end. i reved the manual, and forgot the link on that page. i fixed that by referring you to the documentation page, where the link is correct.jd

The described new vectoring/approach algorithms and revised and new inflight and preflight options as well as AI monitoring and interaction are an overwhelming improvement to an already excellent product. Your response to proper user input and requests is great, as usual.

Guest hlm65

Wow, very exhaustive and complete !Can't wait for the release !Just a few question arised when browsing thru the manual:1-it says there (European flight example) to reset FS settings for correct QNH procedures:and what about flying, say, from the States to Europe ? Will RC call correct QNH when across the pond ?2- from where is RC retrieving his weather data for ATIS/FSS ? From the FS weather engine or directly from a weather add-on such as ActiveSky? The question is related to possibile enhancements in ATIS messages (for example, if a METAR is reporting mist or fog or other weather that FS ATIS is not able to "speak" or RVR infos, these could be told by RC ATIS)3- it also says there that ActiveSky users will have to disable voice/ext messages on FSS 122.0 frequency to correclty receive RC instructions. This will deprive us from up to date info on destination weather expecially when far from ATIS reception range. Is RC providing a sort of VOLMET to get destination (and, why not?, alternate wx) before getting in the 50 NM range ?Many thanks and awaiting eagerly for RC4 release !

I can answer #2 as I have RC 3.1 and ASVe.RC gets its data from the FS9 apparently. It is independent of what weather program you use or FS's own weather themes. Using ASVe after it auto connects to FS or better yet using the refresh button in AS after your flight it loaded, it takes about two minutes for FS9 to catch up to the weather writes. For some reason FS9 ATC ATIS takes a little longer to catch up to ASV weather writes, but that can be forced via ASV's AI Refresh function. AI and FS ATIS will all synch after that function.FSUIPC supplies the weather interface for writing and reading. RC may get its data sooner since the perhaps it reads the same info. I used to use FSMetar which worked with RC. Either way with a few minutes and AI Refresh it all synchs up. It is FS9 causing the delay in catching up to weather writes from FS9.Clarifying perhaps my confusing statement FS9's weather depiction on screen takes a minute or so after the the FS9 weather engine has accepted weather writes and is issuing current weather data back to RC.

1) yes, your transition level will be FL180 (PCA) when you depart a FAA controlled airport, and the transition altitude will be entered on the controllers page. as you get closer to the arrival airport, the transition level will be calculated based on the arrival airports barometric pressure.2) i get everything from flight simulator via fsuipc. so fsmeteo, activesky, or generic fs weather are all available to me, via fsuipc. so the add-ons can change the weather, i don't need to know who/what they are. i just read the resultant weather in flight simulator. 3) yes, you can leave frequency to get the weather. that's covered elsewhere in the manualjd

>1-it says there (European flight example) to reset FS settings>for correct QNH procedures:and what about flying, say, from>the States to Europe ? Will RC call correct QNH when across>the pond ?Hi Enrico,Some good questions - I'll leave questions 2 and 3 to those on the team who have more knowledge of these areas than me and just answer question 1.Don't misunderstand the reason for changing the settings in Flight Sim for the European tutorial - it's a shortcoming of the default Flight Sim aircraft and not RC. This was done simply to get the default Learjet's altimeter sub-scale to read in millibars/hectopascals instead of inches of mercury. We fly the tutorials in the default aircraft and this was a peculiarity of the default Lear. You won't have to do this for the default B747 as its standby altimeter has dual sub-scales showing both in/Hg and mB/hPa but you'd have to do the same for the default B777 which shows one or the other but not both.Most of the add-on - payware and freeware - long-range aircraft that I've come across seem to have either dual or switchable sub-scales so this shouldn't be a problem if you're flying one of these. If the sub-scale on the aircraft you're flying across the Atlantic is only single-reading, you will need a conversion chart - you can get one from the libraries at both Avsim.com and Flightsim.com (presconv.zip).Radar Contact 4, however, is independent of the settings in Flight Sim as far as altimetry goes. It works out what system it should use by being 'aware' of its location. In FAA-controlled areas, it uses a standard Transition Altitude of 18000ft and passes pressure settings in in/Hg. In all other parts of the world, RC uses the correct airport Transition Level - either drawn from its database or from user input - calculates the appropriate Transition Level by applying the local QNH and passes the pressure setting in millibars/hectopascals.If you loaded a flight plan from, say KJFK to LIMF, into RC and went to the Controller Info page, you'd see that there was no TA entry for KJFK as the standard US 18000ft is used but under LIMF you'd see the correct TA of 6000ft has been entered from RC's database. On departure from JFK, you'd be given altitudes up to 17000ft and then flight levels above that with the pressure being passed in in/Hg. When you begin your final descent into LIMF, you'll be given flight levels down to the calculated Transition Level - which is likely to be FL70 or FL80 - and then altitudes from 6000ft downwards. The QNH will be passed in hectopascals when you get your first clearance to an altitude.If you like this sort of localised realism, you'll love RC4.Pete

Guest hlm65

Hi all and thanks all, now it's clearer and I can't wait for Dec 10th to press the "BUY" button !And to Pete: many thanks for exemplifying with a KJFK to LIMF (my home airport) his point !And yes: the transition level in LIMF is usually FL070 (if QNH is equal or greater than 1013.2 hPa; if it's lower, transition level will be higher FL075 or FL080, depending on how much "low" is the QNH).

The link is still dead as of this moment - to me any way. Maybe there is something I don't know but I can't down load it. Can anybody help me?I've downloaded many PDF documents but this one doesn't seem to work the "normal way". When I attempt to download the version 4 manual the image "ON TIME & BOARDING & ON TIME" emlarges but it stops there. If I "Save Target As.. I've simply downloaded the image to my desktop.My copy of RC4 has arrived and will be delivered to me on Christmas morning in the mean time while waiting I could at least be reading the manual. I'd like to be reading manual. Yes, I would! Russ

Guest RickT

Hi Russ,Please click on Version 4 Manual.

i see the problem. the hyperlink on the picture is to the large version of the picture. the hyperlink to the right, goes to the manuali fixed itnow you can click on the picture or the hyperlinkjd

Oh, I've got to watch that mind set of mine. Yes sirreee Bob I thought the picture was the access point to the download and the title was - wow what a mind set I had. Thanks a bunch JD.Russ