Sign in to follow this  
Guest davfra

Hold Short

I thought I had the same problem departing from Seattle-Tacoma.Then I realized that my flight plan was correct, I got the instructions from RCV4 and waited waited. Then something puzzled me. I was waiting at RWY31 while in fact ATC told me to hold at RW34.I finally realized I accidently put the airplane on a nearby airport but not at Seattle Tacoma. So I could have waited another 100 years without RCV4 giving me the O.K. to takeoff.Check your airport where you are waiting. It is like saying to a driver who cannot start his car to check if he has enough gas !!!!

Roger

See my specs in my profile

the second line of advdisp, on tower frequency, give you the bearing and distance to the runway threshold you are supposed to be going. if the bearing is different than the one you're heading in, probably a good sign you're heading in the wrong directionalso, if the distance seems unreasonable, then you may be at the wrong airport or the wrong runway. if you are at the hold short line, and it says you are 10000' from the threshold, you may be at the wrong end of the runwayjd

Just tried 6 times at KMSP taxi to runway 4 with AI traffic ahead of me on the taxiway. RC said monitor tower, tuned to tower. Then as I got closer to the runway, it told me to taxi into position and hold. I listened to make sure it was me it was talking to, it was. I waited for 3 other planes before moving into position.This happened all 6 times.I have "Interact with AI" checked.

Hi Matt,I think I might have figured out what's happening. Do you by any chance cross runway 4 as you are taxiing to the hold short point for runway 4? If so does the instruction to line up and wait occur when you have slowed or stopped close to rwy4 just before crossing it?If the answer is no I guess we need a log file to find what's going on.If you could try this again but when you open RC click on the debug button. You will be warned about the potential size of the log file, just click ok. Then load your plan, start RC and proceed as before up to the point where you are cleared for takeoff.Then you should quit RC, zip the log file (by default it is called rc4.log and is in the main RC folder) and send it to jd.It should contain the info we need to solve the mystery.All the best,John

did you click debug, and do you have a .log file zipped up for me?if not, start rcv4.exe, click debug, load the .pln, start rc, reproduce the problem, quit rc, zip up the .log file and send it to meplease include a description of the problem in the email with the zipjd