Sign in to follow this  
combear

runtime error 75

Thanks for your promptness in shipping the RC4 CD. I installed it the other day but I'm having some problems using it. Through reading the various posts on the forum I discovered that I needed to change the read only attribute on the files where my flights are stored. I was running autosave, and I installed the latest version (1.501) before I installed RC4. Autosave was causing lockups and the runtime error, so I removed the dll from my modules folder. I also have a registed version of FSUIPC 3.53. I have been trying to change the attributes on the Flight Simulator folder in My Documents. I always wind up with a green square in the read only check box even if I tell it to make the folder and files read only, then uncheck the box and apply the changes again. RC4 runs fine until I try to save the flight. I can save a flight with no problem until I start RC4. When I start RC4 and then try to save the flight, I get the runtime error again and RC4 locks up.What do I need to change?Thanks for your help,Bill

Hi Bill,Are you running RC on a second machine using widefs or on the same mahine as you are running RC?Don't worry about the 'read only' check mark. I see the same thing for reasons I'm sure MS understand but I don't ;-)If you are running on a network using widefs what you must do is go into the 'sharing and security' options for the folder where your flights are saved and enable both 'Share this folder on the Network' and 'Allow network users to change my files'.All the best,John

RC and FS9 are running on the same computer. I don't have widefs. I did enable sharing the folder and allowing network users to change the files, since I network a laptop with my desktop.I don't understand why I can save the fs9 flight w/o RC, but not with RC.Thanks for your response,Bill

that's a good question, and i'm trying to figure it out to. i run rc and fs9 on the same machine, and it works for me.do you have a network card? is your pc on a network?jd

The only network card I have is the one for my internet connection. My pc is a stand alone unit. When I use my laptop the two computers are networked together, but that's the only time another computer is involved. My laptop is at the 'puter doctor right now; doesn't make any difference as far as RC saving stuff is concerned.I've also been running EditVoicepack - I suppose I should disable that.Thanks,Bill

>The only network card I have is the one for my internet>connection. My pc is a stand alone unit. When I use my>laptop the two computers are networked together, but that's>the only time another computer is involved. My laptop is at>the 'puter doctor right now; doesn't make any difference as>far as RC saving stuff is concerned.>>I've also been running EditVoicepack - I suppose I should>disable that.>There's more to the error message. Do you want the rest of it?>Thanks,>Bill>

75 means path/file access error. it means i can't write to where i want to write to.jd

Sorry about having to re-visit this issue. There is no way that I can get RC4 to write to my flight plan directory. I'm using the standard FS9 flight planner, although I am thinking I may have to switch to FSNavigator. Would that make any difference? I have changed and re-changed the attributes on my flight plan directory so many times I have lost count. They are NOT read only, and network sharing and allow network users to change my files are both enabled. I have uninstalled and reinstalled autosave. It works fine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled RC4, but every time that autosave or I try to save the flight plan I get the runtime 75 error and RC4 shuts down. I realize this is more likely my problem than RC4's problem, but I would really appreciate some direction on this issue.Any more thoughts?Thanks,Bill

I'm having the same runtime error 75 symptoms JD. Everythingseems to get going OK. Last time it happened after I wascleared to position .....Ken

Ken Boardman