Sign in to follow this  
SteveLewis

Initial Use Report -- Very Good!

jd, After 5 flights with RC4.01, I can say that I'm extremely happy with the product! (After I got out of Denver, that is!) For everyone's knowledge bag: Find an AFCAD what allows multiple runways at busy airports -- like Denver :-shy -- Otherwise you will be 12th in line and just sit and sit and sit..... Only comment I have is extremely long downwinds (now at around 25-26 miles at SLC vs the 21-22 in RCv3). I've asked for short finals into SLC and they have been granted . Unfortunately I'm at 10,800 ft and the runway's just a little over 4,200'. Goin' down like a sack of rocks, we are :-eek !! Not a big problem, however. I find RCv4.01 a great enhancement now that I do not have to simultaneously run FS9 ATC with RC. :-)

the msa at KSLC is probably pretty high, and i try to keep you above the mountains. to do that, and to stay below the glideslope, the downwind can be long.requesting short final, which you found, is the way to do it.an alternative is to find an approach plate for KSLC, and ask for a IAP approach. then fly your platejd

I've done the IAP once or twice and it works out really well. Haven't tried it in SLC but I will next flight. The part of RC4 I really like is listening to Departure direct each flight to a different heading... Flight in front of me to 275, me to 240, flight behind to 075, etc. In a busy airport, RC4 is especially amazing.

Guest mikeap

A word about using the short final....You can compromise as I fianlly learned. As soon as you see the glide slope coming up, then ask for the short final. It's not exactly close in, but it's usually not 23-25 miles out either.