Sign in to follow this  
Bigmack

Ultimate RealATC Collection

Hello JDJust wondering if"Ultimate RealATC Collection" is worth taking a look at.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

I'd be intersted myself. Not 100% sure of exactly what it would do to improve RC4. I'm not interested in "canned chatter" or adventures, but will go for anything that inproves AI voices. If it does, I would love to hear a wav. file of an ATC conversation. Fitz

Guys,This package will not alter the interaction between the pilots and controllers or change the voices in any way. It provides extra Pre-Recorded chatter which you will only hear if you have that option selected in the 'Plane Information and Options' screen. For those of you that like to hear these 'real-world' sounds it might be useful for you.Speaking personally, I have turned that option off even though I recorded wavs for Manchester (EGCC) some years ago. Hearing 'real' RC4 comms between Ai pilots and controllers does it for me.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest astemland

hey.just wondering on why you turned it off?I am asking because I am waiting for the CD, and better to be prepared than not. heheciaoAnders

Hi Anders,I tend to fly from the UK to mainland Europe and I was hearing the same ATC wavs fairly frequently and tired of them. Another reason was the wavs I recorded for Manchester were with 24R/L in operation so when landing on 06L/R they weren't realistic.There were also many airports around the world that had no wavs so you got generic ones. Like hearing EGLL wavs when at EGBB. That happens because all the wavs were placed in a UK folder rather than an airport specific one. If you have lots of specific airport wavs then that would be better.It's difficult to record wavs these days because of security concerns and also it's illegal in many countries.We're all different though and I'm sure you'll enjoy the added realism these wavs will give you.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest JTEK99

Well I, for one, *really* like the canned chatter running in the background. I don't rigorously listen to it to check if approaches/runways match where I am.It's more of an *ambient* thing for me. I really like to hear it on every flight and am pleased when there's language changes over different countries. However, I'm getting some repetition and beginning to recognize some of the canned chatter routines and stories, so I'd like a bit more variation. This CD looks like just the thing, so I just might order it as well.As luck would have it, though, looks like someone else in this post is the 'guinea pig'. :) PLEASE let me know if it adds a significant amount of the canned stuff. Would be great to know!

I'm sure most of you know this anyway, but viable alternative to canned chatter is running media player in the background tuned to one of the selections from liveatc.net (http://www.liveatc.net/feedindex.php?type=all) It has the same ambient effect, but is live. I'll concede it doesn't cover all areas, but I always use this if I'm flying in an area that is covered. If nothing else it breaks up the repetative nature of the canned chatter.BradKELP/KBIF http://home.elp.rr.com/bmbanister/BannerSig_BMBanister.jpgAMD Athlon XP 2600, Asus A7V600, 1GB PC3200 DDR, NVidia 128MB GeForce 6800, SB Live

Guest JTEK99

Just wondering if anyone ended up picking this up. Does it have an enormous amount of chatter added?