Sign in to follow this  
jfri

RC4 and SID and STAR

My experience is that in order to use SID STAR with RC4 they need to be incorparated into the flightplan. If not RC4 thinks I'm getting of course. I have two problems with that1) In the flight planner I use (FS Commander 7.6) there are often no SID STAR included. The 767 FMC contains a lot of SID STAR that is not available in FSC 7.6.2) Even if they are available in FSC I still have an objection here.You don't know which runway you are going to use and therefore convinient SID STAR at the time you make the flightplan. (I usually use real time weather). How can I let RC4 understand that I'm using a SID or STAR or approach selected after the flightplan was made.The IAP only helps close to the arrival airport. For example a 767 tutorial takes me to KSFO. Depending on which runway to use I would need to fly to either PYE or CCR which would affect the needed course rather far away from KSFO. Also RC4 IAP did not offer any selection for the ILS RWY 19L which I was assigned.What is the best way to resolve these issues?

1) can't help you there. rc is looking for checkpoints you are expecting to fly. can you manually add the dp points in fsc? can you FMC export to .pln format? either way would get the checkpoints in the .pln which rc is looking for2) don't confuse approaches with stars. stars end at approach boundary. approach takes over from there. stars are to funnel you into approach so they can handle the flow. from there you will be given a runway, which you can change (at your own peril). you can also ask for an iap approach to practice a specific approach (if you want to think of it as a continuation of the star, you can do that). if you choose an iap approach, you will not get any vectors, you're on your ownjd

If I understand you correctly it is not possible to tell RC4 that I wan't to divert from the filed plan because I have afterhand selected a SID STAR approach?But is it not that what is done in reallife? Or do you update the filed airplan in some way?

if you want to fly the xyz star into kxyz, it needs to be in the flightplan.you will fly that star as file to kxyzwhen you contact kzyx approach (40 miles out) your star essentially ends. approach will begin vectors to the chosen runway.if you want to change runways, you can do that.if you want to fly a specific approach (which is different from a star), you can ask for an iap approach, for the type you want, for the runway you want.if you want to divert to another airport, you can do thatthere is a section in the manual starting on page 67, which you may want to read, departure procedures and star's are covered in detail on page 89let me know if you have any other questionsjd

>let me know if you have any other questions>When I was approaching KSFO and assigned ILS RWY 19L I tried selecting the RC IAP and then the ILS sub selection. But there were no RWY 19L selections available. Why not?

>did you go to the second page of runways?>My impression was that there were no second page.

when you request an iap approach, specify the type, each of the runways will be presented to use as options. i only display 5 at a time, you will have to navigate to the second, possibly third page in the advdisp to find the runway you wantjd