Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

Current taxiway location

Hi,Whenever I land and exit the runway my announced position by RC is incorrect.Today, for example, I landed on runway 32L at Kord and took the high speed T4 exit. My announced position upon contacting RC's ground controller was J3.If I switch back to MSFS after RC quits, MSFS knows my exact location (T4) and gives me the correct Taxi instructions to the gate.Also today, when contacting ground when ready to taxi for departure, my announced position was a long string of characters like you would normally get after landing for taxi to the gate. My departure position here was gate A28 at KDTW.Why is it that RC does not know where I am?Regards,Vaughan Martell

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

i'm making those locations up. i have no idea where you are at the airport. i know where you are lat/long, but i don't have the database of every runway intersection at every airport.when and if that becomes available, then i could probably figure out where you are.as far as progressive taxi instructions and ground proximity warnings were not in this version. it may or may not make it into v5. it's pretty darn complicatedjd

Thank you for the explanation.At first I thought that if MSFS could do it then RC could also.But, I can appreciate "worldwide" would be a big undertaking.Your product is "the best". I am sure you know that but thought I would tell you anyway.Best Regards,Vaughan Martell

thanks. we appreciate your vote of confidencejd

Hi, JDIt's really very, very nice knowing that a v5 is already in RC's developers team. I don't know if this v5 will be the v4's FS9 version to FSX but I'm waiting.Told Ray Proudfoot some time ago what a terrific job you have done (developers & beta teams).RC is so terrific that I really got FSATIS out. In forum discussion there were some topic about a go around way to get ATIS taxi instructions but it would be excellent if RC did this, so all phases of flight would be RC oriented.Eduardo