Sign in to follow this  
Virgin_A340

RCv4 and PSS 777 problem.

Hi.I just tryed my second flight in the patched PSS B777 whileusing RCv4. When at cruise alt ATC said something along the lines of "you appear to be off course,fly heading ***." Theheading they told me to fly was in fact almost 180 degreesfrom the course I filed in my flight plan. I had to abandon the flight as ATC wouldn't stop telling me to fly in thisopposite direction to where I was meant to be flying.This happened the last time I flew the PSS B777, and as faras I am aware this does not happen with other aircraft,but I'm not 100% sure if this is the case as I havn't been flying in a while.Does anybody else have this problem? Annyone know how I can fixthis as the PSS 777 and RCv4 are both great add-ons and I want tobe able to use them together.Thanks in advance for any help.Andy S

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Hi.>I just tryed my second flight in the patched PSS B777 while>using RCv4. When at cruise alt ATC said something along the >lines of "you appear to be off course,fly heading ***." The>heading they told me to fly was in fact almost 180 degrees>from the course I filed in my flight plan. I had to abandon >the flight as ATC wouldn't stop telling me to fly in this>opposite direction to where I was meant to be flying.>This happened the last time I flew the PSS B777, and as far>as I am aware this does not happen with other aircraft,but I'm>>not 100% sure if this is the case as I havn't been flying in a>>while.>Does anybody else have this problem? Annyone know how I can>fix>this as the PSS 777 and RCv4 are both great add-ons and I want>to>be able to use them together.>>Thanks in advance for any help.>>Andy SAndy,Whenever you are told to fly a course that is approximately 180 degrees opposite your route of flight, that means you missed your previous waypoint. That is, RC4 did not give you credit for "hitting" the waypoint within the allowed margin of error. When this occurs, check the RC menu screen and note what is states as the "next waypoint".Your best bet is to "Request Direct" to the next checkpoint in your flight plan, and then to be sure that you are "hitting" those waypoints.Now, if this happens only with the PSS aircraft, then that implies a possible mix-match between the PSS internal nav database and the flight plan loaded into RC.Hope this helps.-michael

Hi.Thanks very much for that Michael, it would certainly make senseas FMC made a turn a bit before it should just out of HKG.Turned a little to late I think. It happened again with PSS A330 last night, but I was told to flyheading 105 degrees aprox. and FMC route was something like 130 degrees.Does this still sound like the same thing or is that only when toldto do a 180 degree turn?I will try with a non PSS aircraft when I get the time and see if I still get the problem.Thanks again.Andy S

>Hi.>Thanks very much for that Michael, it would certainly make>sense>as FMC made a turn a bit before it should just out of>HKG.Turned a >little to late I think. >I>t happened again with PSS A330 last night, but I was told to>fly>heading 105 degrees aprox. and FMC route was something like>130 degrees.>Does this still sound like the same thing or is that only when>told>to do a 180 degree turn?>>I will try with a non PSS aircraft when I get the time and see>if I >still get the problem.>>Thanks again.>>Andy SAndy,The second case (flying 130 and told to fly 105) is not likely a missed waypoint issue. But, if there is a significant difference in locations of waypoints (that is, difference between the RC waypoint lat/lon and PSS waypoint lat/lon), something like this could occur.Another factor would be the distance between present position and next waypoint position. We had been tracking (and corrected) some issues where the RC heading to next waypoint was not closely matching that of the aircraft computed heading to the next waypoint: but this was accompanied by large distances between waypoints (>300 nm) and strong crosswinds at altitude.-michael

I've had this problem with the F1 ATR. On a straight leg with several waypoints I overflew the first two okay and on the third I was told to fly 180 degrees to take me back to the waypoint. It was a while ago and I can't remember the actual route, I know it was out of Munich, but I never missed any waypoints as the aircraft FMS showed I'd over flown them. As it has only happened once to me I put it down to a glitch in RC.Steve

if it is a departure procedure, you have to fly within 2 miles of each checkpoint in departure air space.some how, i think rc was right, and it might have been fmc error :-)

Hi JD,Unfortunately it wasn't a departure proceedure in my case, I was about halfway and I'd overflown every other waypoint and all the subequent waypoints okay. It seems that every so often RC sees a waypoint in a different place. I'd generated the plan using FSBuild 2.2 but I cant remember what Airac cycle I used and I didn't keep a log of it but if it happens again I will.Steve

>Hi JD,>Unfortunately it wasn't a departure proceedure in my case, I>was about halfway and I'd overflown every other waypoint and>all the subequent waypoints okay. It seems that every so often>RC sees a waypoint in a different place. I'd generated the>plan using FSBuild 2.2 but I cant remember what Airac cycle I>used and I didn't keep a log of it but if it happens again I>will.>>SteveSteve,... and you export the FSBuild plan in .pln format and use it by RC? If so, then the lat/lon provided by FSBuild is what RC is using. I have had several minor issues between the FSBuild information (which eventually becomes the RC active flight plan) and the nav data in the LDS767 or PMDG747. The result is usually that one has a waypoint that the other does not. In such a case where RC does not have the same number of waypoints that your particular aircraft nav database has for a given jet route, you could appear to be "missing" an enroute waypoint. For example, if J80 is modified to add, change, or delete a waypoint, then that change needs to appear consistently in both the FSBuild nav data and the nav data of your aircraft FMC. I've had the equivalent happen on a particular STAR into KDEN. The STAR has been updated and is reflected in the LDS767 database. The STAR is not updated in the FSBuild database. (One day I'll remember to go into FSBuild and fix it!]).This is an issue that we have to live with when there is no centralized source and/or format of flight plan information. Every individual "translation" of the source into a proprietary format is an opportunity to inject error.-michael