Sign in to follow this  
Guest jboweruk

B****Y FISDO

They hit me for entering a runway with a plane on approach....Not fair, I didn't. Take a look at the taxiway at KBOI and see what I mean. It was Runway 10L, the taxiway lines up with the runway, so I pulled up to get behind a 727 that was in front and suddenly tower tells me to hit the brakes, so I do, then the other plane lands, the 727 goes, and I'm left sitting like a moron at the hold point, nothing, for 3 minutes nothing. so I finally hit abort and get my clearance back round, this time I hold shorter still before eventually being cleared, then fly my flight, at the end I hit critique only to learn that I almost caused a crash and the landing plane had reported me to FISDO for a runway encroachment, that didn't occur.Is it a bug? Or did somebody just not tell me about the change in holding point?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

did you rebuild the rc scenery database, so i know where your runways are?jd

As soon as I installed and once since. I think it's the old Afcad issue of FS rearing it's ugly head. :( from reading other posts here and other forums that would be my guess, somehow FS is reporting it wrong, funny thing is the 727 was at the hold short line in front of me, so if the Afcad file was shot surely he should have been holding where I was?edit: BTW it was the default KBOI, I don't have any scenery for that area.

Fire up AFCAD and check the holding and starting points. Some of the complex defaults are really screwed up.

I must do that, sorry if my original post sounded like I was ranting, it was meant to be a bit tongue-in-cheek, like "what you doing me for and not the 727 in front of me?" But came across a bit wrong, I was a bit miffed that a perfect flight was ruined by that one little mishap, and the plane went on to land okay yet I got told it was filed as an 'accident' report.I'll try to take a look tonight, but I got a 2 hour flight on for this evening and by the time I get home, have dinner, then fly that..... It's pretty near bed-time. Work gets in the way of this flying lark don't it..... :(