Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

Moving FS9

Hello all,For reasons of disk space I am moving my 31GB FS9 installation from my C drive, where it resides with Win XP and my other programmes (including RC4.2) to my second HD (D drive).In order to do this I will have to uninstall FS9 from the C drive and then re-install to D. Hopefully, I can then move a lot of my add-ons across.Presumably RCv4.2 is one that can't just be moved across and will need to be re-installed. When I do this will I need another key?Iain Smith

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

yes, new key when you move from c to d. i would try moving the rcv4 directory from c to d without uninstalling/installing. other than the new key, it should work fine. you may have to sepcify a new .flt/.wx path, but other than that....let me know if that worksjd

>yes, new key when you move from c to d. i would try moving>the rcv4 directory from c to d without>uninstalling/installing. other than the new key, it should>work fine. you may have to sepcify a new .flt/.wx path, but>other than that....>>let me know if that works>>jdThanks jd, will do.Iain

>yes, new key when you move from c to d. i would try moving>the rcv4 directory from c to d without>uninstalling/installing. other than the new key, it should>work fine. you may have to sepcify a new .flt/.wx path, but>other than that....>>let me know if that works>>jdjd, sorry for the delay but yes, just moving the RCv4 directory over to my D drive worked fine with a new key. I didn't have to specify a new .flt/.wx path as FS9, although installed on the D drive, still keeps saved flights in the same place. :-) Iain Smith