Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Busted Altitude warnings?

I am recieving warnings of 'Busting my altitude' only ten seconds after the new flight level has been issued!Can version 5 be adjusted to give the crew time to follow instructions before verbal bollockings are issued please?Enquiries are being asked as 'Do I know what I am doing' and promises that I will be met at the gate by some official.I know it's not like this in reality so, why is it in Radar Contact?

Dave Taylor gb.png

i'd like to see a log of this. to my knowledge, this shouldn't be happeningwhat do you have your altitude deviation set to?instructions on how to make a log is pinned at the top of the forumjd

>>what do you have your altitude deviation set to?>jdCan you explain this jd? Do you mean the 'VS'?I just completed a flight EGBB-EDDM with the PMDG744F.

Dave Taylor gb.png

JD,This also happens when during the last 10,000 feet of climb in turbulence and the OAT is well above ISA, and the ROC is below 1000FPM, if the turbulence knocks the IAS back the autopilot will pitch the nose down and the ROC can fall to zero. Almost immediately ATC will jump on you and tell you that your assigned level is FL... I suggest that this is not realistic, and it would only be applicable if in fact the pilot had leveled off at an incorrect level and maintained it for at least a couple of minutes. Then, in my RW experience the controller would ask the question, 'Confirm climbing to FL...?', in order to resolve the apparent annomoly between the aircrafts mode A/C readout and his flight strip annotation.NeilYPAD

JD,It says '300' as it has since I had the program, it's unaltered.Over to you?

Dave Taylor gb.png

create a log, per the directions pinned at the top of the forumduplicate the problem, and send me the logi will be at the avsim conference, so it will be a few days until i respondjd