Sign in to follow this  
pan pan pan

Problem with saved flights

The problem i have is whenever i save a flight and i go to recall it, it basically isnt there (using the "load previously saved rcd.).I have used the three methods described in the RC4 manual, but nope, no matter what method i use, the flight hasnt been saved.PAN PAN PAN!!!!!!!

you should have three, files with the same name, whatever you called it, and with extensions .rcd, .flt, and .wxare those 3 files in the flight simulator files directory? if not, there is a problem with the saving, not the loadingjd

jd,checked and i only have the flt and wx files, no rcd file.There are rcd files there, however they are from flights a while back, not from flights i have conducted recently, so it looks as if something has screwed up somewhere along the line.Andy

make sure you have fsuipc 3.7make sure fs is running when you press ctrl-shift-; for the rc generated saved files, or press the ; and name the file what you wantjd

Yep, i have fsuipc 3.7I tried your suggestions re the 'ctrl-shift' and ';' save functions, but to no avail.It is definitely saving the wx and flt files but not the rcd file.Mmm, strange.

ctrl-shift-; with fs running? not paused?duplicate the problem by making a log, instructions posted at the top of the forumjd

Guest Captain Dad

Hmmm,I'm having the same problem as he is jd. The saved flight shows up in the Flight Sim files, but not in the Radar Contact files. Am reinstalling FSUIPC ver. 3.7. Stay tuned...and please fasten your seat belts! Hah, hah !Captain Dad

send me a .log, including where you're saving a .rcd - i'll look at itby the way, do you have the .flt/.wx path set correctly?jd

Guest Captain Dad

Yes, unless you rascals have sneakily stashed it somewhere else! (Or the update has moved it.)Your program has worked perfectly for me so far even with all the updates...and my crummy computer skills.This is not an emergency. I'll try to send you a log of my plane simply taxing after getting my clearance. Thanks

pan pan pan's problem, was he didn't specify the .flt/.wx path. you do that in v4.2 by clicking the button .flt/.wx pathjd

Guest Captain Dad

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHH, THAT button!Well, why didn'tcha say so.So, what is the "Legacy RC APL button for? The flight instructor ejector seat?I'll give it a try. Thanks.:-spacecraft

Guest Captain Dad

and then what happens? KA-BOOM? :-hang By the way, the .flt/.wx button did it.You the man!:-spacecraft