Sign in to follow this  
johnwillimas

Start down now please.....

I'm getting more experienced with RC now and often manage to fly a flight without too much criticism at the end of it! However one problem still dogs me....As I approach the destination airport I get the request to "start down now please...."No problem with that except that with my preferred aircraft - Rikck Piper's Viscount - I have to set fuel trimmers back to zero before beginning a descent. This takes a few seconds.Obviously it's too long for the rather impatient controller as I get an "altitude busted" warning before I can actually start the descent. Equally, even if I get the timing right, if I kick up a few feet at that point it gives me a busted altitude warning - obviously s long as yyou are going down you're OK but anything else triggers the warning - I think it needs a bit of lee way.I'm assuming the delay is hard coded (certainly changing the altitude deviation value makes no difference) but any advice would be welcome.Thanks for a great product.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

we're working on it, for v5if you can start a small negative vertical speed, you won't get told offmaybe you can do that, while adjusting the other stuffjd

i just had a thoughtdo you have pilot autoreply or otto on the comms?i never fly with auto reply (i like to ack the controller), and i never let otto have the commswhen i get a descent clearance, while rc is waiting for my ack, i'm doing the stuff that needs to be done to adhere to the clearance. THEN i ack the clerarance.i think i give you 60 seconds to ack, otherwise, i tell you the clearance again (maybe a little anoyed at this time)that might helpjd