Sign in to follow this  
rwy12

No ai aircraft chatter?

Hi EveryoneI am new RC4 user,and I was wondering if some one could help me with few questions.I have done few take offs so far and must say its a great product-I will inform you how I get on with the landing side of things later-may be few months time.At the moment the things I am having problems with are1 No ai chatter-I have clicked the boxes in the option-still none.2 sometimes-very long delays,and once no,take off clearance when in holding.3 How do I install/download local chatter.4 will RC4 direct me to the landing runway I select at the start or when near the landing airport will it change it to the best runway at the time of landing.eg I live near EGGC and during day time landings are on R24 but after teatime it's L06 ,I think. Does RC4 have this built in?Apologies if these have been covered-I have had a good look on the forum but found no answers.Qas.

>Hi Everyone>>I am new RC4 user,and I was wondering if some one could help>me with few questions.>I have done few take offs so far and must say its a great>product-I will inform you how I get on with the landing side>of things later-may be few months time.>At the moment the things I am having problems with are>>1 No ai chatter-I have clicked the boxes in the option-still>none.make sure interact with ai is checked, and ai chatter is checkedrealize, if you are on ground frequency, you will only hear ai chatter relating to ai doing things on the ground. if they are all on tower frequency, and you're on ground, you're not going to hear them.if you think you should be hearing ai chatter, and you're not, create a .log (instructions pinned at the top). tell me what ai i should be talking to, and i'll see why nothing is being said>>2 sometimes-very long delays,and once no,take off clearance>when in holding.could be a number of reasons. you could have been lined up on the wrong runway. there could have been an ai stuck on the runway. you weren't lined up on the correct runway.if you can duplicate the problem, same as before, create a log, duplicate the problem, and send me the .log>>3 How do I install/download local chatter.that's an install option when you installed rc. if you want it, uninstall rc, and install rc with that option. i wouldn't waste my time, however.>>4 will RC4 direct me to the landing runway I select at the>start or when near the landing airport will it change it to>the best runway at the time of landing.eg I live near EGGC and>during day time landings are on R24 but after teatime it's L06>,I think.> Does RC4 have this built in?how would i know this fact? and for all 22000 airports? this is what happens. if the ai are landing, i use the runway they are using (so you don't land opposite them). if there are no ai landing, then i pick the best runway based on ils equipment, length, and wind.you can always request a different runway, whcn you contact approach all the way up til the time you are switched to tower.>>Apologies if these have been covered-I have had a good look on>the forum but found no answers.>>Qas.

if you are ground frequency, you're not going to hear ai being told they are cleared for takeoff. that is happening on another frequency, with another controller. you're on ground. all you're going to hear is ai being told what runway to taxi to, and cleared for push back, etc.when you're on departure frequency, you're not going to hear ai being cleared for takeoff. same thing. different frequency, different controller.there is nothing you have to switch, or do.get me a log, if you still think you have a problem. in other words, you're on ground frequency, and you're seeing a lot of ai being pushed back, and starting to taxi to the runway. that chatter you should hearjd