Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

Problems caused by uninstalling FSX demo

I have FS9 and RC 4.2 on my D drive and I had the second FSX demo on my C drive. In readiness for getting the full FSX as a gift to try out and tinker with, I decided to uninstall the demo.This appears to have caused a couple of problems with RCv4.2. First it said it was unregistered. As I had mislaid the second key I'd received when moving RC to my D drive I sent off for another which I have and that problem is solved. Then I decided to update the scenery database in case anything there had been screwed. The message I got was that makerwys.exe was not in my FS9 path. But it is there in D:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS9 which is the right location I believe. However RC4.2 is not seeing it. Do I have to uninstall and re-install RC?ThanksIain Smith

uninstalling the fsx demo, won't cause rc to become unregistered. installing 4.2 on a non boot partition will make rc unregistered.did you install fs9 on the d drive, or did you just move it from c to d? if that's the case, the registry entry, for the path to fs9, will still be pointing to c, and i'll be looking somewhere on c for the makerwys.you can start rc, click debug, load a .pln, and click start. then click stop, and send me the .log - i'll tell you where i think fs9 is installedjd

>uninstalling the fsx demo, won't cause rc to become>unregistered. installing 4.2 on a non boot partition will make>rc unregistered.jd, thanks for the quick response. I have had FS9 and RC installed on the D drive for months without problem. I uninstalled FS from C and re-installed it on D. I only had to move RC over** and everything worked fine until I uninstalled the FSX demo. As you say over there - go figure! :-)>you can start rc, click debug, load a .pln, and click start.>then click stop, and send me the .log - i'll tell you where i>think fs9 is installedI can certainly send you the log. I'll do it later this evening.Iain Smith** At this point I needed a new key which I got but subsequently mislaid. However I received another one this morning, so thanks for that.