Sign in to follow this  
felony

scenery/ils question..

Hey guys - recently installed LIMC scenery from ISD. Rebuilt scenery with latest version of makernways I could find, as well as used scan afcad to determine I had no duplicate afcads - I then went for a flight from LIRF to LIMC. Upon approach, RC4 told to to land on 35R and gave me the ILS. Shortly after I was lined up on the ILS for 35L. I checked the afcad and when in game the are appropriate and they work. What is showing in FS map and the afcad are usable in game.For some reason RC4 is picking up something different.Hopefully the following screenshot can show you what I mean.http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l61/hodnik/11.jpgThanks,Dan.

first, you are playing with fire, opening rc .csv files with excelmaybe the screen print you posted wasn't complete, but i don't see anything wrong with what is in the r4.csv file compared to what is showing in the other windowjd

"i don't see anything wrong with what is in the r4.csv file compared to what is showing in the other window"Maybe I'mm reading it incorrectly but it looks to me as if the r4 file has the same frequency (109.1) for both 35L and 35R - not a healthy state of affairs.Pete

Hi there,I can reproduce this problem but havn't a clue as to why it is happening. I think we'll have to wait for Peter Dowson to return from holiday to get to the bottom of it.All the best,John

Interesting - are you using ISD's scenery as well - or just default LIMC?Thanks for the help so far..

Hi there,I'm using the ISD scenery and think I have found the error in the af2 file.If you look under runway properties for 35R the ILS ident is given incorrectly as IMA, which is the ILS ident for 35L. That's the information RC has used.All the best,John

Good find.I am assume this is a pretty easy fix - even though I am not very familiar with the afcad tool. I am in the middle of a long haul back to the states from there so i will try when that is completed.I'll post back with my results..Thanks!Dan

Hi Dan,On the diagram it looks fine.But go to Lists .. Runways .. 17L/35R and you will find the ils ident for 35R is given incorrectly as IMAAs I understand it that's what we rely on to associate an ils with a runway. If the af2 file says the associated ils for 35R is IMA we go with that.All the best,John

In your FS9 folder is a wordpad readable file called runways.txt. This is a log file of what makerwys.exe has done. If you wish, run the scenery rebuild and then examine the LIMC sections in it.Makerwys follows your scenery.cfg priority list and within each scenery folder it looks at .bgl files in alphabetical order.Do a text search for LIMC and you will find a section for the stock airport and then any higher priority sections of .bgl files with airport information. The last section of LIMC is what makerwys used. It is important to note delete statements. I believe I have the ISD LIMC installed. I'll try to look into it later today.FYI there were two ISD versions. Be sure you have the latest for FS9 installed.

I checked the runways.txt file and noted the following errors:Default first:RWY ILS IDENT FREQ Closings17L IAM 109.935R MLP 109.917R -none-35L IMA 109.1Third runway 17/35 closedAF2_LIMC17L IAM 109.9 Closed35R IMA 109.1 <<<<<<<<<

Thanks for all your responses..It has been a crazy day, so I will look at it tomarrow and see if I can get it working properly and will post back here with results..Thanks again!dan

checked out runways.txt and the following is what i have for runways at the most recently added LIMCRunway 17L/35R centre: N45:37:59.7186 E008:43:57.4459 767ft*** Runway *** LIMC0171 Lat 45.650486 Long 8.727834 Alt 767 Hdg 169 Len 12800 Wid 328 ILS 109.90, Flags: GS BC*** Runway *** LIMC0352 Lat 45.616024 Long 8.737414 Alt 767 Hdg 349 Len 12800 Wid 328 ILS 109.10, Flags: GS DME BCRunway 17R/35L centre: N45:37:43.3919 E008:43:25.4524 *** Runway *** LIMC0172 Lat 45.645950 Long 8.718946 Alt 767 Hdg 169 Len 12800 Wid 328*** Runway *** LIMC0351 Lat 45.611488 Long 8.728527 Alt 767 Hdg 349 Len 12800 Wid 328 ILS 109.10, Flags: GS DME BC FSM ATIS for LIMC=2162My understanding is to change 35R to 109.9. Do i do this in runways.txt? Whenever I rebuild scenery database, will it not change this back to it's original state?Thanks!Dan.

Runways.txt is just a log and is recreated every time you run the scenery database. Do not edit it, please.I will not bother you with AFCAD limitations but just follow the procedure below and it will correct the error.Open LIMC in AFCAD (v. 2.21 is still current) by using only Open Airports and searching for LIMC. Double click on the upper layer in the airport list (there should only be two). The airport opens with in the window title bar AF2_LIMC.Just to show you the error, go to Lists, Runways. Double-click on 17L/35R to open the properties. Notice the ILS ident for 35R is incorrect. We'll not change anything here so just close this window and the runway list.Go to Lists, Navaids. Double click on 35R (even though the data is correct at this point) to open the 35R ILS property window. Change the MLP frequency to another value from the dropdown. Close the property window with OK and the list window. Click file, Save As (not Save), and choose from the file window the same AF2_LIMC to drop it in the file name field and OK it to write to disk (your disk light should flash).Close AFCAD. Restart AFCAD. Do the file, Open Airport thing again (do not open from the file list), search for LIMC and double click on the upper layer. Again make sure the window title reads AF2_LIMC.Do for illustration Lists, Runways, and double click on 17L/35R open its properties. Notice that the ILS name for 35R is now blank. That's OK - not to worry. Close the properties and runway lists window.Do Lists, NAVAIDS, and double-click on 35R to open its properties. Change the MLP frequency back to 109.90 from the dropdown. Close the property window with OK and then close the list window. Once again do the file Save As (not Save) selecting again AF2_LIMC, then OK. Your disk light should flash.Close AFCAD. Start RC and run the scenery database utility. Close RC.If you wish to MAKE A COPY of r4.csv and put it in another folder you can EXANINE THE COPY with Excel. The entries will now be correct.For the record, AFCAD can not delete a stock ILS but can modify it. What we did was force a temporary modification for the AFCAD file and save it. We then reopened with the Search function (very important when doing any actual change) to get the latest disk save recovered, redid the same procedure to put the frequency back, and used Save As to insure it got written to disk.I do not know why the correct ILS name now does not show on the runway properties but all is correct on the navaid list and in r4.csv now.AFCAD 2.21 if you do not have it is in the FS9 Utilities library here on AVSIM or in the Must Have files on Flightsim if your registered over there. It was sleuthed out by Lee Swordy and members of the PAI team before the scenery SDKs were released by Microsoft. It is not perfect but does most of its work very well.You can download Italian scenery airport instrument charts here which include airports done by ISD:http://www.vatita.net/?dir=download&pagina=planning/chartsI think you'll find these handy and you may want to use an IAP approach due to high terrain at one end of the runways as I recall.I hope this provides your needs. Let us know if this fixes everything up for you.