Sign in to follow this  
Guest psyonic

Default airlines spelt phonetically.

Guest psyonic

Hello all.I understand RC is meant to spell airlines names if it doesn't have a wav for that particular airline. I have encountered that it does so randomly for FSX default ones, which do have a .wav. For example, in the same session, I hear "orbit xxx, do whatever", and 5 minutes later I hear "oscar romeo bravo india tango yyy, do something else". What am I doing wrong?

Guest psyonic

Thank you for your reply.I do not use FSHotFX or (to my knowledge) any addon that might be caused a conflict. I've checked the fsuipc.ini and the TCASid=Flightline was there, my TCASrange= value was 40 and I changed to 0 as per the instructions you gave me, but I still hear Wiskey Oscar Romeo Lima Delta Tango Romeo Alpha Victor Echo Lima instead of World Travel, and so on.I'd be grateful for any other advice you can give me.

follow the directions pinned at the top of the forumas click debug as soon as you start rcstart fs, load the .pln, start rcrun until you hear the ai spelled out. wait a minute or two, then click stop rctell me what ai was spelled out, and send me the .logjd

I may have an idea that may help you diagnose the problem. I do not use FSX but if you get the current FSUIPC 4.x download (links are pinned near the top) if the package includes TrafficLook.exe, after starting FSX fire it up in the background and start your flight. When you get an AI call that should be phrased but is phonetically called, switch to the TL window with alt-tab, locate the flight in the table, and see how it is labeled to identify how FSUIPC sees it.Again, I'm not using FSX so I'm not sure if this is valid advice.I also suggest that if you can, identify if this problem is unique to a specific phase of flight (ground, tower, departure, enroute, arrival) to perhaps localize the problem to specific circumstances. Your location at the time might help as well.Of course, all of this will be included in the log file created but this might give you some idea.

Guest wbardorf

I have encountered the same problem flying in Germany. I use MyTraffic X to generate AI traffic for FS X.For example, in most cases the Lufthansa audio file is played to call a Lufthansa aircraft; however, sometimes Lufthansa is spelt out one character by one character. The Traffic Explorer, which comes with FS X, shows both aircraft as 'Lufthansa'.Regards,Wolfgang

Hi Ron,Trafficlook isn't actually included with the 4.x versions of FSUIPC, but it's available as a separate download - I don't have the details to hand at the moment as I'm at work.I haven't had much time to check but I too found that some (but by no means all) AI aircraft were suffering from this problem. Trafficlook confirms that there's no flight number displayed for the offending aircraft. It seems to occur in all phases of flight. I'm not sure if it is a problem with FSX SP1, or with FSUIPC 4.10. I hope it's the latter, as that way we're more likely to get a quick fix from Pete. I hope someone else can report it to Pete, as it's going to be some time before I'm in a position to do so.

Ian Box

i'd like to see a logi'm betting dollars to donuts that the ai might be mispelledjd

Guest psyonic

Log is on its way. Thanks!Mmm... donuts

Anyupdate on this problem? I too get the airline names spelled out, sometimes.Thanks,Jim

Hi Jim,I'm in dialogue with Pete Dowson over on his forum about the lack of flight numbers against certain airline flights. I know from past experience that if Radar Contact is expecting a flight number but doesn't find one it reads out the entire airline name phonetically. I'm not saying this is the only possible cause of that, but it does seem to be the one hitting me.I'm pleased to say that Pete seems to be making progress towards a solution. There's a beta version of FSUIPC (4.112) which seems to fix this, but there is still a problem outstanding in that initially I'm seeing no ground traffic at all via Pete's Trafficlook application.Hopefully both of these problems will be resolved by the time FSUIPC 4.12 is released.

Ian Box

Ian,Thanks for the update. I am very glad to hear that there may be a solution coming.Thanks,Jim

Guest psyonic

Hi.Besides that, when I sent the log to JD he told me that not every controller has wavs for every airline. For example, "Bob Johnson" doesn't have a pacifica wav recorded. It depends on what controler is "on duty" at the moment, so to speak.

all controllers have all the wavsthe bob johnson that didn't say pacifica in your log, was a chatter pilot, who did not have all the wavs, in your casejd

Just to let you know I've tried a test version of FSUIPC supplied by Pete Dowson and this fixes both the missing flight numbers and the problems with supplying ground traffic details immediately after starting FSX. I've done a brief test with RC and I got no airlines being read out phonetically, so I'm confident that this has fixed the problem for me.I understand Pete is still working on one or two other unrelated problems, but I'm fairly sure he will soon release either a public beta with the fixes in, or perhaps even FSUIPC 4.12.

Ian Box