Sign in to follow this  
Guest skinsalon

Cannot link to FSUIPC or WideClient?

Guest skinsalon

I have been troubleshooting for the past 2 hours, I believe I did everything correct so far. I go to load a flight plan, and then click RUN RC and I get an error message saying "Cannot link to FSUIPC or WideClient."Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am running FSX on Vista. Thank you so much!

is fs running?what version of fuipc do you haveare you running rc and fs on the same machine?

Guest skinsalon

No FSX is not running, does it need to be?FSUIPC is the most recent version, as per this forum.Yes RC and FSX are on the same machine.Thanks!!

read the quickstart section of the manualfs has to be running when you click start rc.jd

Guest skinsalon

Great.. thank you soo much for your fast reply. Ok I am an idiot.So now I have the screen up with the red letters and choices. I am unable to push "1" or "2" or any other buttons for that matter.When I looked at the quick start (see how good I am now haha) it showed a screenshot of FSUIPC, but it was registered. Mine is not registered. I can look under ADD-ONS and see it there, but again.. its not registered.Is that why I can not "interact" with RC? Thanks so much!!

Guest skinsalon

I am looking at the normal FSX screen... plane is at the gate... I start the engines... go through my checklist and I see the little box in the upper left hand corner with the RC options. I push 1 (corresponding to clearance delivery) or 2 (weather) and nothing happens.Again, both are running on the same machine.Thanks for your help!!

Try CTRL+Shift+1 etc. instead of 1. These keys are configurable. Use the Keyboard option to setup your preferences.Make sure too that FS has the focus when you press the relevant key(s).Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest skinsalon

Tried re-configuring. Tried ctrl-shift-1.Tried clicking on the box (so that focus was FSX).No change. So I do NOT need to register FSUIPC, or do anything with that?Thanks!!! :)

You don't need a registered version of FSUIPC. Have you tried pressing 1 on the keyboard to see if that establishes contact? If that works then it's just a case of configuring RC.If pressing 1 doesn't cause RC to react then I'll need to see a screenshot of your keyboard option in RC. I'll be able to help more once I'm home in a couple of hours.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Do you have "Tune on Contact" ticked in the General settings?If you don't then you have to manually tune each frequency and then press the relevant number. 2 for ATIS, 1 for Clearance etc.If you do have it ticked then simply pressing the appropriate key will auto-tune the frequency for you and the ATIS or command should be heard.See how you get on with that.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest skinsalon

Well... tried that too. Tried switching around the keyboard commands as well. Nothing.here is a screen shot of the RC Keyboard Options:rcscreenshot.jpghere is a screen shot of FSX in action with RC:fsxscreenshot.jpgAny other ideas?

so what happens when you press ctrl-shift 1?fs has focus, and fs isn't paused when you press ctrl-shift-1, right?jd

Tried what too? Can you post a screenshot of your General screen?Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest skinsalon

Nothing happens when I press CTRL SHIFT 1, or 2, or 0 or any other key related to RC. All keys related to FSX continue to work.Like I have said, I tried even clicking on the RC Window within FSX to make sure it was in "focus" as opposed to another window.I don't know if it matters, but if I tune ATIS manually, I hear the response. Nothing I am doing with the RC window seems to do anything. Any other ideas? Thanks....