Sign in to follow this  
djgodden

A few questions and observations...

Noted differences and a few questions...1. There isn't a "Check For Updates" button. Should there be one in version 4.3?2. Plane Data - what do you select if you're just GA vice Commercial?3. How the heck do you get tool tips? 4. I keep seeing reference to v4.4 Is that an update I need? 5. The manual addresses ASV, they're up to ASv6.5, is there anything to add?6. Can one just use the stock FS route builder vice FSBuild?

1) does not work. 2) what do you mean? like for a call sign? you could select november, or lear, or cessna.3) hover with your mouse, over a box, button, etc.4) where have you seend reference to 4.4 - i don't think i've ever said anything about 4.4 - but i will. i doubt there will be a 4.45) i can't think of anything.6) i do.

Thanks JD, I really do appreciate the rapid replies from you. Within a couple minutes of asking the callsign question I was able to answer the question. I'm VERY impressed with the product. Although some of the transmissions aren't realistically spoken (so what?), the content is accurate. I tried the hover thing to get tool tips to show up to mirror what I saw in the manual and haven't been able to find that particular hot spot. In the forum I've seen comments about 4.4. It's either people using the wrong version number or me eyes.I'm not a big fan of the other flight planners. They don't seem to do all that much more than the basic FS planner.Thanks again,Joel

The other flight planner applications allow data updating and better SID/STAR information. Some will build a database from your scenery but others might use current AIRAC cycles which depending on your outlook can be a blessing or a curse depending on the type of flying/aircraft you use.Those who use an FMC based aircraft often prefer a planner that can export to FS and the proprietary FMC formats.

Joel,In relation to the GA callsigns, there is a "*blank" entry you can select. Then where you would normally enter the flight number, you can input letters in there as well.So when you select *blank and type say ABC for the flight number, RC will call you as "Alpha Bravo Charlie". For the US, you can also type something like N123C to get "November One Two Three Charlie" and so on.I wasn't sure if this was the soloution you found, but thought I'd mention it, that using this method, you can make RC call you a whole variety of different callsigns.Subs