Sign in to follow this  
Guest LarsKluver

Run-time error

Guest LarsKluver

HiSuddenly i have got this problem, that Radar Contact cancle with the following message:Run-time error '70' RadarContact.fsuipc.rcv-kodeI have recently installed XP Service Pack 3. Don't know if that's to blame.Any solution for this? - or am i the only one?I'm still running FS9CheersLars Kl

70 means permission denied. which means you do not have rights to write to the directory where rc is installedif you are running kapersky anti virus, it will stop rc from writing to where it needs to, even if it has write permissionjd

Hi Lars,You're not the only one that suddenly experience this problem !I had it also before installing service pack 3. I'm using FS9 too.I contacted JD and as usual he was promptly hands on with the problem. Based on his advise and comments I uninstalled the anti-virus program I recently had implemented as it contained the kapersky and similar software.I then installed a different anti-virus software (for which JD had experience with). The program is called AVAST ( and by the way seems to be a damned good program so far).Unfortunately I still get runtime error 70, but haven't contacted JD about this jet, as I try to figure out what information I can additionally give him to find out what is going on.I have never before experienced any problem with RCv4.3 (except with the previous ADVDisplay; I think almost 2 years ago).This runtime error 70 came suddenly some weeks ago.JD; is it possible that such a problem can have anything to do with graphic card driver or am I way off with such a thought?I ask because just prior to the RC-crash caused by runtime error 70, textures on all dynamic scenery, such as AI-planes, vehichles and own AC disappears. Furthermore did the problem come at the time I installed the new NVIDIA driver - 175.16A second thought, that also may be way off, is a possible conflict with the SAITEK devices and their SST programming software.I installed the Yoke, rudder pedals and the x-tra throttle quadrant and along with those the SST programme also at the time when the RC-crashes began.Carl

Guest Lars_Kluver

Hi JD and CarlSorry for the late reply, but i forgot my password and had to create a new account.I'm using Norton 360 and have had that for a years time without problem and beside installing service pack 3, nothing else has been installed. After this styleXP also stopped working, so in my mind that servicepack is also to blame for RC not working. Actually i made a flight the day before the installation with no problem.I'm not a programmer, so maybe JD should look into this. As it is now, i have had to go back using MS ATC. Not with pleasure, but it at least works.Amazing with Microsoft - almost everytime they come out with something new or a service pack, one gets problems. The simulatoris the only reason that i haven't dropped Windows and chosen either a MAC or Linux.CheersLars

is this vista? you have to run it as administratorif it is xp, you don't have permission to write to the directory from which you started radar contact.try this. uninstall radar contact. install radar contact in a directory that is not part of c:program filessee if that helpsjd

Guest Lars_Kluver

Have solved the problem. Looking at the library where one finds FS9.cfg i noticed a lot of saved files, made by this small utilly i have, called Autosave.dll (that file is placed under modules). In fact there were some 7000 files taking up some 363 MB of space. I erased these files and started up the simulator to go to Edinburgh. No problems at all with Radar Contact and as i also chose to remove autosave.dll i noticed that the simulator was running much more smoothly, so i won't use this .dll file anymore.The idea with this Autosave is, that it is possible to go back to where you were, if FS9 crashed. It saved the situation every 5 min. - or how often you had chosen it to do so. It only stored 10 files during a flight before starting to erase them, but since the filename contains the date, there will be a new set of 10 files every time you finish a flight.Maybe this will help others, should they experience this... :)CheersLars

Guest Lars_Kluver

- just amazing it should happen on the very day i installed service pack 3 ... LOL

Guest Lars_Kluver

*sigh* The problem is back again. Don't know why it worked the other day.Like when the problem started, i'm allowed to taxi all the way out to the runway, before the problem occurs. Pling it says and the box with the errormessage is shown. If i restart at the runway, i get the message instantly. If i place the plane at the gate, i'm once again allowed to taxi to the start of the runway.Don't know when i'll find time to try and find out. My time is limited and when i finally have the time, i want to fly, not spend endless hours re-installing that program. Have spend hours adding different chatter around the world.Guess it will be MS ATC for some time to come. :-(

Guest Lars_Kluver

Pryor to my last working flight i installed an AFCAD file for LICC - Catania, Sicily. Don't know if it can have messed up something? Have removed that and made a re-run of - is it makewsys? Will see how it behave when i make my next flight.

Guest Lars_Kluver

This was not it either. Strangely enough the problem first occurs when i reach the runway at takeoff. No problems at the Gate or while taxiing out to the runway. I'm told to taxi in position - and then pling.You said the errorcode meant that RC had a problem accessing something. But as it works at the Gate and during taxiing, there is access! Now - it could be a systemfile maybe? But if service pack 3 has installed a new system file of some kind and performing a re-installation could replace it with the old one, i wouldn't have a clue what the result would be. Maybe i first then would have some severe problems.Your programmers must know what happens programwise at the time you taxi onto the runway for take-off. As the cancellation happens there everytime, the problem is obviously there.And as fsuipc is mentioned. Could it be Dowson's utillity which is the sinner?

i have seen on a number of occasions where kapersky will let rc write to the rc directory over the course of a flight. but at some magic number, it decides, no program should be writing this much to it's own directory, and denies access.if you have autosave enabled, turn it off, just to be on the safe side (so it doesn't write as often)oruninstall rc, and install rc onto a different drive, a different directory so it is less suspicious program writing a lot of data to c:program files....jd

Well, after about three months now, RC stil crashes with the Runtime error '70' - Radar Contact.fsuipc.rcv-4 code.- RC is installed in drive F together with FS:, as it allways has.- I run as an administrator.- I uninstalled of prevoious anti virus-softwares and all traces of them. I then installed AVAST on recommendation from you JD.- I have been running RCv4 for more than two years without any Runtime errors.- I have XP and experienced this runtime error 70 before and after installing SP3.- I run RC v4.3- I ALLWAYS run Makerwys when making any change to sceneries, AFCADs and so on..- I have been using Makerwys v. 4.27 - Am going to install v. 4.29 now- I have registrated version of FSUIPC - version 3.82- I run RCv4 with FS9 - I have uninstalled FSX and never used RC with that.- I run FS with autosave and have NOT disabled this by now. It allways functioned with it - Sometimes Runtime error 70 occurs before reaching the runway for take off, sometimes after half an hour when airborne. It occurs, however, every single time nowSad, sad, sad. FS is not worth a flight without RC.I haven't been able to make more than one single flight without runtime error for several months.SO IF ANYBODY HAVE SUCH RUNTIME ERROR, PLEASE STEP FORWARD AND TELL US WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO FIX IT. THE CHANCES WILL INCREASE THIS WAY TO SOLVE THE WHOLE PROBLEM.Carl

70 is permission denied.you don't have the rights to write some placedid you move the .flt/.wx directory? if autosave is running, it's going to try to save a .rcd file to the directory where the .flt/.wx files are stored whenever it kicks offcheck permissions, and check that the .flt/.wx path is correct by using the .flt/.wx buttonjd

Thanks Lars, happy to here you made it out of the frustration :-hmmm ------->:-) Thanks JD - as allways; I made a check on flt/.wx and somehow it was empty !!! This was the only text concerning this path: ".FLT/.WX Path = ".I have inserted the proper path now by using the .flt/.wx button.I give this a try, it surely makes sense that this may be the reason for the permission denied message.How this path that I had there before could disappear, have to remain as a mystery...As soon as I have made a new flight I tell you the result !If this turns out to be a vain attempt I go for the Lars-suggestion.Thanks again, both of youCarl