FSWidgets EFB for Mac () has been updated to Version 1.1 - a free update for all registered users.
This native Mac app is an Electronic Flight Bag and moving map with support for X-Plane, FSX or FS2004.
The biggest change to Version 1.1 is the complete overhaul of the mapping engine, which now uses a more capable underlying rendering engine that supports some great new features and enhancements.
Updates includes new world-wide weather options that feature Cloud, Rain, Pressure and Wind data overlays for the map.
Three new Base Map types have been added and include a satellite map with Hybrid (Road overlay) options.
Here is the full list of changes:
- New mapping engine powered by Amazon cloud servers
- New Base Map: Shaded Terrain Hybrid (Shaded Terrain plus roads)
- New Base Map: Esri Satellite (World-wide Satellite Images)
- New Base Map: Esri Satellite Hybrid (Esri Satellite plus roads)
- New Weather Option: World Cloud Data (World-wide cloud cover data layer)
- New Weather Option: World Rain Data (World-wide rainfall data layer)
- New Weather Option: World Pressure Data (World-wide pressure data layer)
- New Weather Option: World Wind Data (World-wide wind data layer)
To update to Version 1.1, simply download the free demo from the FSWidgets EFB for Mac product page and replace the .app file.