Terrific new piece of scenery for bush fliers from Orbx

Many testing landings for STOL pilots at fire lookout points-might force me back into my helicopter!

Great fun!

xxd09

• Like 1

5 hours ago, xxd09 said:

Terrific new piece of scenery for bush fliers from Orbx

Many testing landings for STOL pilots at fire lookout points-might force me back into my helicopter!

Great fun!

xxd09

When I was still flying helicopters in the RW back in the late 1980s i used to service fire towers in Alberta. This was with an AStar (AS350B). The tower people looked to have a real nice job to spend the summer fire season. Also, a great job if you were just tired on life, people and general BS. The job appeared to attract people from a wide spectrum of life. Some interesting and some less so. I look forward to coming across this scenery add-on.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, dbw1 said:

When I was still flying helicopters in the RW back in the late 1980s i used to service fire towers in Alberta. This was with an AStar (AS350B). The tower people looked to have a real nice job to spend the summer fire season. Also, a great job if you were just tired on life, people and general BS. The job appeared to attract people from a wide spectrum of life. Some interesting and some less so. I look forward to coming across this scenery add-on.

This is the best! I'm typing from a remote jungle home in Indonesia which I live in half of the year (in 2 month stretches) which serves as a circuit breaker from western hyper BS. I like being able to transition between both worlds - perhaps I could have just taken a job living at a fire tower!

Edited by mfahey
Typo Fix
  • Like 2

Could be a good companion for the OV10 in the firefighting livery.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

If anyone has picked this up already, just curious if you can choose these from the start menu with a helicopter. Is it a cold and dark start or is the engine running (preferred). And do the locations show up on Little Navmap.

Thanks for any info...

• Upvote 1

ASUS MAXIMUS IX CODE Z270, i7-7700K OC@4.8, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, VKBSim Gladiator joystick, CH Pro pedals, Razer Orbweaver Chroma Gaming Keypad, Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB (main drive/sim drive), WD Black 1TB HDD

Posted (edited)

Oh fire lookouts only accessible by plane - my dream life!! Look at these screenshots and imagine living in that nature paradise. Thank you very much for telling us about this interesting addon. OrbX is always best for sceneries.

Edited by JetCat

As I only possess the Standard edition of MSFS 2020 the Zlin Shock Ultra is not available to me

However the Smaug STOL aircraft (freeware at Flightsim.to) is an acceptable substitute and enables landings at these difficult and challenging airstrips

xxd09