I've recently been trying out the demo of VoxATC and will soon be buying it as I've been very impressed so far, however, I have a few questions I'm hoping someone maybe able to answer?
1) Is the AI traffic generated randomly each time VoxATC initialised? I have TrafficX installed so I see the right airlines at each airport but I seem to see the same aircraft at the same gates at an airport each time I start VoxATC. Not really an issue but I was just curious!
2) Once I have landed and vacated the runway, I get taxi instructions to the gate, but I always seem to get allocated the same gate. E.g. when flying Easyjet into Bristol International I always get allocated to Gate 5 and when flying into Manchester, I always get allocated to Gate 1? Can VoxATC assign more random gate assignments (but still based on the airline code)?
3) After parking at the allocated gate I don't get any further VoxATC instructions. The Panel continues to display 'Taxi to Gate' in red. Should I expect any further options to be available once at the gate such as 'Request Shutdown' or similar?
4) After obtaining clearance I get the option to Request Startup but after that there is no option to separately request pushback, is this correct? (I know there is an option to request both together, but since you can request startup separately it makes sense to me to be able to request pushback separately too! I use GSX to perform the pushback so not really an issue!
5) Is it really worth getting the DVD version with the extra content, rather than purchase a registration code from the website. I currently have 3 Microsoft TTS voices for the ATC comms and VoxPop for the pilot voices which seems to work well so not sure the additional £40 is worth it just for the 2 ATT voices or would I be missing something else?
I hope VoxATC continues to be developed and expanded as it is a fantastic product and really adds to the realism.