Sign in to follow this  
Luke

What is simFDR?

About a dozen years ago, Virtual Airlines started introducing ACARS systems. In the real-world, an ACARS allows aircraft to send and receive data messages. While some virtual airline systems duplicate this functionality, the vast majority are nothing more than glorified flight data recorders, tracking some basic events in the progression of a flight.

I’ve done all of my simulator flying for a virtual airline, and because of this I have a logbook stretching back to 2001. Since I started writing and using Delta Virtual’s ACARS package, I’ve had a really comprehensive logbook with a tremendous amount of flight data, tracking my flight tracks, fuel consumption, autopilot usage and a lot more. It’s been a great flight planning and analysis tool, both for myself and the thousands of other pilots who have used it.

It’s a trusted and reliable flight tool - it’s recorded over 750,000 flights totaling over 2 MILLION flight hours. It’s the world’s oldest, most comprehensive and most popular flight data recorder.

However, over time I started asking myself - why can’t I take the same features I’ve grown so used to at Delta Virtual and expand them? I want to log ALL of my flights, in ALL of my aircraft, ANYWHERE - then store them in a logbook that will survive different simulators, different computers and some catastrophic disk crashes along the way. (Ever owned a Vertex 2 SSD? I have.)

That’s why we have simFDR.

simFDR is not another “virtual airline flight logger” package. It is designed and built from the ground up as the world’s best simulator flight data recorder. It logs almost 100 flight parameters several times a second, tracking aircraft position and status. Unlike all other flight data recorders, it seamlessly integrates with some of the world’s most popular airliner simulations to record autopilot and systems status. It combines this data with ambient weather conditions to provide the most comprehensive record of your flight.

This data is then uploaded into a secure cloud service, providing a permanent record of all of your flights. You can export your flight data into Microsoft Excel or Google Earth to examine, analyze and visualize your flights. You can always get your data, in a variety of different formats.

Because it’s a cloud service, simFDR can also provide additional services such as runway usage and takeoff/landing position. There’s no more relying on inaccurate single values such as vertical speed at touchdown - simFDR combines its data with cloud-based analytics to provide a more complete analysis than a client-based package alone could ever provide.

• Upvote 1

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Luke, All the best of luck with your new Venture 

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Please feel free to drop by https://www.simfdr.com/ and take a look around. I'm confident you'll find it an excellent complement to your flight simulation toolbox, and I'm always interested in hearing feedback and ideas.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

How's the development been going? Is it ready for an official release? I absolutely love it!