Sign in to follow this  
Guest n707jt

XML HUD

Guest n707jt

Hi guysI am kinda urgently required to build a XML HUD gauge for a part of a project but has a very tight time schedule and I have very limited XML gauge programming knowledge. I was wondering if it is possible for me to download any recommended available freeware or is someone able to build one for me?

Send me an email at Simpilot04@gmail.com let me know what aircraft you need it for.

Good Day,

Engjell Berisha

Angel-Simulations-Small.png

Hey!Have you check the file library out?. I remember one but is C++, maybe there could be some others.This is mine, designed for a 737and still on developmet.Javier

Try this HUD gauge: genhud.zip at the AVSIM libDietmar
Interesting, but not as powerful as the one I have developed, for the following reasons:- it is for FSX only (my HUD are for fs9 and FSX)- unlike my HUD, it is not based on vector graphics, which is important for the reactivity of the display, especially the flight path vector- it looks quite small, unlike my HUD that can be used in full screen mode- my Airbus HUD is fully realistic because it is based on the real device specificationsI'm not saying the genhud is bad, I have full respect for his developer, I am just saying mine is better :)Eric

It might be "better," but it sure ain't "free," is it? :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It might be "better," but it sure ain't "free," is it? :(
That's right :)But don't blame me for this, I'm sure many people remember the HUD I have released some years ago, it was free and was used in many military aircrafts (including payware, without asking me any authorization, but this is another story).Eric

That's right :)But don't blame me for this, I'm sure many people remember the HUD I have released some years ago, it was free and was used in many military aircrafts (including payware, without asking me any authorization, but this is another story).Eric
Eric, if I ever had need for such an advanced HUD, I wouldn't hesitate a minute. You do fantastic work, truly.

Fr. Bill    

Eric, if I ever had need for such an advanced HUD, I wouldn't hesitate a minute. You do fantastic work, truly.
Thank you, Bill. Coming from you, these nice words have a high value for me.Eric

Ericthanks for your comments. I am sure your HUD for Airbus is much more realistic and better. But that is why I called my "Generic" because itis aircraft neutral. Therefor, it can never be as good as a gauge for a dedicated aircraft. Vector graphic provides without doubt a better quality. But for free, and being generic , I guess it is a compromise.Dietmar

Ericthanks for your comments. I am sure your HUD for Airbus is much more realistic and better. But that is why I called my "Generic" because itis aircraft neutral. Therefor, it can never be as good as a gauge for a dedicated aircraft. Vector graphic provides without doubt a better quality. But for free, and being generic , I guess it is a compromise.Dietmar
Well, for what it's worth, XML "vector drawn elements" are for the most part perfectly acceptable. There is no hard and fast requirement that you use bitmaps after all!

Fr. Bill    

Good compromise. I did the same when I released my (freeware) military HUD some years ago.Eric